The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » F*rc* pads - warped magic (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10584 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Robb wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Yes, I agree Looch. The 3 colors seems fishy to me. I think a stack of index cards is much more natural than a pad. Cassidy's bulldog deck for instance is much more deceptive IMO than a Svengali pad since you can show all the cards separately and you aren't stuck flipping through in only one direction.


I kind of agree... I think the index cards with bulldog clip are very good and as you said, you can go through them when they are loose without issue. It is not a big deal to have paper laser cut these days. I have my buddies down at our local MakerSpace do it for me... Well under 1/8" tolerance. I haven't bought either SvenPads or the other product.


Bob uses my SvenPads now - but what the hell does he know. No mas bulldog decks. Ask him Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3449 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Well, I'm allowed my own opinion and I disagree with Bob on a few other things as well.

I have to say Brett, your attitude around this whole thing is kind of off-putting. If your pads are really the best thing, then act gracefully and let the market decide. You're not really acting like a grown up here...

Anyway, I think I'm going to check out Alan's pad. The notebook makes more sense than pad to me.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
If the notebook is the same look on both sides - it will allow way more options. Those are the types I've built but would love someone to be making them.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
I have to say Brett, your attitude around this whole thing is kind of off-putting. If your pads are really the best thing, then act gracefully and let the market decide. You're not really acting like a grown up here...



Very well said. Couldn't agree more.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1288 Posts

Profile of Robb
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Robb wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Yes, I agree Looch. The 3 colors seems fishy to me. I think a stack of index cards is much more natural than a pad. Cassidy's bulldog deck for instance is much more deceptive IMO than a Svengali pad since you can show all the cards separately and you aren't stuck flipping through in only one direction.


I kind of agree... I think the index cards with bulldog clip are very good and as you said, you can go through them when they are loose without issue. It is not a big deal to have paper laser cut these days. I have my buddies down at our local MakerSpace do it for me... Well under 1/8" tolerance. I haven't bought either SvenPads or the other product.


Bob uses my SvenPads now - but what the hell does he know. No mas bulldog decks. Ask him Smile


Bob can do as he pleases. I think the index cards with clip are a superior method because you can show them loose, mix them up, etc. In my hands it feels better although I can certainly understand the appeal of a Sven pad and not saying I won't ever use one, but for $2 vs. $25 per pad and something I can create in 10 minutes with materials from Staples, I'll stick with the old way for now. It's really about what feels right for each performer in the end.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Giannim
"I have to say Brett, your attitude around this whole thing is kind of off-putting. If your pads are really the best thing, then act gracefully and let the market decide. You're not really acting like a grown up here... "

I agree
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
528 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
Well, I'm allowed my own opinion and I disagree with Bob on a few other things as well.

I have to say Brett, your attitude around this whole thing is kind of off-putting. If your pads are really the best thing, then act gracefully and let the market decide. You're not really acting like a grown up here...


Indeed.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1288 Posts

Profile of Robb
I will say that those Warped Pads are pretty darn ugly... The SvenPad definitely *looks* better.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11801 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2016, Robb wrote:
I will say that those Warped Pads are pretty darn ugly... The SvenPad definitely *looks* better.



agreed
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
They have a shorter version of the pads I noticed on the website. Not sure what the real benefit would be to this.
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
Just to let anyone know, I just received an email newsletter from Warped Magic about the F**ce Pads new price of only £10/$12 a set!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10584 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I wouldn't pay $2 for the Force Pads personally. Junk.

Duct tape bindings - cheap cardboard covers which bend easily. For a strolling performer in a sweaty suit for 3 hours the Force Pads will be not hold up over time.

The original hand made in the USA SvenPad Minis ($20 a pair now) include 15+ pages of detailed instructions, tips and routine by the late Bob Cassidy. Our Facebook page has 1000 members and many of the world's top pros sharing ideas with their pads daily.

Force Pads? Nada.

The original SvenPad Minis with elegant leatherette covers - flexible and perfect for long term use - are available Alakazam or Magicbox (Michael Murray will be featuring the original minis in a brand new lecture this weekend) + Penguin Magic + Stevens Magic or Hocus Pocus.

Cheers to Darren Robinson and the boys at Prop doggey. Woof woof woof.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I will second Brett above. I don't think anyone here is disputing the better quality of the original svenpads, but whether the copies are ethical. I don't think they are but that is besides the point for most here since most of the people on here are simply going to see cheaper options and go for those, despite ethics or respect to Brett. However, the higher price of the svenpads is not just for the physical item... but the customer service from Brett and the addition of the ideas in the facebook group. The ideas and routines shared there are GOLD. When you look at the much better quality in the physical product, in conjunction with the customer service, quality guarantee from Brett, and the wealth of knowledge in the svenpad group.... you actually get so much more for the money by buying an original svenpad... just my thoughts.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I have not used force pads before, so I purchased a set of 2 to work on a routine.

I am disappointed that the shortened pages are very obvious. Now I do realize that it will still fly by audience in performance, but I would have been more relaxed if the gimmick was slightly better.

I'll probably purchase a SvenPad next - after I've locked my routine down and tested it for a few months.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
The Sven pad minis Are one of the best utility gimmicks I own. I recently ordered two more for multiple phasing. I bring one of these with me everywhere, it is always with me ready to go. I keep it in my vehicle that’s how much I love these things. It just gives you the opportunity to really work on the presentation and Really create a miracle. There’s nothing strange about it. You hand it to the spectator, they do their thing and that’s it! nothing to say just direct mind reading.
Twitter @darjames
Nathan Horne
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Today I used a force pad a few times at the office on groups to test it. These pads work fine. I'd probably still buy the ring bound svenpads eventually as I'd prefer pages that are cut slightly tighter. This is however a good alternative, especially if you would like to test specific routines.

Originally I hated the idea of using a force pad, now I can't wait to try out new ideas on more pads Smile
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, saysold1 wrote:
I wouldn't pay $2 for the Force Pads personally. Junk.

Duct tape bindings - cheap cardboard covers which bend easily. For a strolling performer in a sweaty suit for 3 hours the Force Pads will be not hold up over time.

The original hand made in the USA SvenPad Minis ($20 a pair now) include 15+ pages of detailed instructions, tips and routine by the late Bob Cassidy. Our Facebook page has 1000 members and many of the world's top pros sharing ideas with their pads daily.

Force Pads? Nada.

The original SvenPad Minis with elegant leatherette covers - flexible and perfect for long term use - are available Alakazam or Magicbox (Michael Murray will be featuring the original minis in a brand new lecture this weekend) + Penguin Magic + Stevens Magic or Hocus Pocus.

Cheers to Darren Robinson and the boys at Prop doggey. Woof woof woof.

Where can I get the Bob Cassidy 15 page notes? I bought one of the early versions of the pad.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » F*rc* pads - warped magic (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL