The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » The Copperfield Prize (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
David Copperfield has established THE Copperfield PRIZE For Outstanding Achievement in the Art of Magic.The very FIRST winner of The Copperfield Prize has been Announced...The Winner is, Michael Carbonaro of truTV's hit television series The Carbonaro Effect. Harry Houdini, a past President of the S.A.M., would recognize other magicians at their annual gathering and David Copperfield, an ambassador of the S.A.M., continues this rich tradition with one significant perk. Mr. Copperfield has attached a $10,000 award to this honor commensurate in monetary value to the Pulitzer Prize.Carbonaro will receive the honor on July 16th, 2016 at The Society of American Magicians National Convention in Indianapolis, IN. Read all about it on The Magic Compass. http://www.magic-compass.com/michael-car......d-prize/
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Congrat's to Michael Carbonaro and thanks to David Copperfield.

-Mary Mowder
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
I've really enjoyed the episodes I've seen and find Cabonaro's "actor as magician" approach refreshing.
Some might note that the bare bones are similar to the Mindfreak's of years ago. Some might also note the differences.
Maybe a discussion for another time.
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » The Copperfield Prize (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL