The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Nail Driving (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8517 Posts

Profile of funsway
A friend and I were adding a deck to my home with a lot of nailing. My friend said he had been practicing "zen nailing."
He would hold the nail in place and drive it in with a single blow, saying that he can only do it with his eyes closed - hence the Zen reference.

I announced I would try it without the hammer! Using a blank length of 2X4 I pounding in one nail the regular way with several strikes "for practice."
Then I placed another nail and inch from the first and placed the ball of my fist on the nail head steadied by my left hand.

With an impassioned cry I pushed the nail into the board next to the first and handed it to him. i.e. there are two nails now imbedded in the board.

I am not into spoon bending and such, but maybe this can be used as part of your Mentalism show.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Impressive! A perfect idea for a little segment demonstrating how you trained your body via your mind, and perhaps vice versa. A perfect way to, step by step, lead them to believe anything you say.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Are there methods written up for this type of thing?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8517 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2016, VIEW wrote:
Are there methods written up for this type of thing?

Never read any. Happy to chat off-list.

If you are familiar with "Hopping Spots" and Paddle Moves, that should be enough.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Guy performed this on Phenomenon. And no paddle type moves. Just straight in and examined.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Nail Driving (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL