The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silly Billy's New Book (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Amazekids.com has these in stock now...I pre-ordered from David so I assume they should be shipping already...? Super excited to get this!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Just received an email from Silly that the book and the 2 bonus gifts will be shipped next week.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
It is very disappointing that those of us who per-ordered the book will receive the book after the general public.

I wrote to David and he told me that Amaze Kids did not have them in stock, but they do.

The book was also sold at KIDabra and Magic Live. All to the GENERAL PUBLIC.

It is truly a sad day when I have to wait for something that I paid for over 2 months ago and the public gets it before me.

And I have already seen the book for sale in a magic sale on Facebook.

Yes, we do get the extras but I really would like a truthful explanation why we did not receive the book first. Is that no what pre-ordering is all about?

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I agree with Rodney. When I bought from David Kaye's website, it said the book would not be sold at other retailers so I pre-ordered in early August directly from him. Now Penguin Magic and several other online retailers are showing in-stock and ready to ship. I know penguin is fast and I usually have their orders within 2 days so the thought that I could already have it in my hands is a little frustrating. Especially because I was hoping to pick up a few new routines for a big kids show I'm doing on Sept 24th.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I also agree. The whole point of me pre-ordering was to get it first. I also thought it was upsetting that it is being sold in other places when on his site it said that it would not be. I am still waiting for it to be delivered.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I feel the same way fellas...but pre ordering did get me free shipping , $10 off the book and 2 bonus tricks. At the end of the day it's David Kaye's "baby" and he can do what he wishes. I'm eager to get my hands on this long awaited book!

God Bless,
J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
Direct quote from his website "This book WILL NOT be available from wholesalers, brick and mortar magic shops, or internet magic outlets"...

And his update from TODAY says will ship end of this week....

... And several "internet magic outlets" have been shipping this out for a week already...
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Pre-ordering got David cash without delivery.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
For those who pre- ordered , let me know when yours arrives .

God Bless
J Rodriguez
J Rodriguez
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Ilt another email asking me to preorder the book today even though I already did!!
Very disappointed in David's service for this book. Myself like others are still waiting for the book as we can buy them cheaper on swaps now!!
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Got an email that my order is completed and has been shipped ... Should have been in my hands by now ... I'm officially upset at this point.
J Rodriguez
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Bad business,never will I pre order from this "professional"
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I don't even have an email saying it shipped. I could of had this book for over a week now if I had ordered from one of the big online magic stores that David Kaye said wouldn't carry the book.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I received an email on Friday that stated my book has finally shipped. It was shipped via Priority Mail. It should be here on Tuesday due to the Monday holiday. And I live close from where it is being sent. So everyone that pre-ordered should have their books at the latest on Thursday 9/8/16.

I am so very disappointed in David Kaye. I have always been a big supporter of his. Not anymore!!!!! And where are the pdf downloads that we were supposed to get once it had been shipped?

Was David so desperate for money that he needed pre-orders to finance the publishing aspect of the book? It certainly does make one think.

And I am still ticked that it was sold at KIDabra and Magic Live before the pre-order. And I wonder if those that purchased the book at the two venues also received the free items as well. They obviously did not have to pay shipping and usually at all conventions items are discounted. So I would bet that those two venues received the same as all of us who purchased the book ahead of time. The cutoff date was 8/31/16.

Ticked off in Michigan,

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
You can call him directly and inform about the issues ....

Phone: 212-645-1299
Email: david@sillymagic.com
Thank You Smile
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
A few years ago, several people were complaining on this forum that David had advertised Princess in a Pickle as coming with a DVD. He ended up never making the DVD. I didn't order that prop, so I can't speak it directly, only what I remember reading from others. It seems that he has a pattern of over-promising in the pre-order stage.

I pre-ordered this book. I have not received the book, the PDFs, or email saying it shipped.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Thanks for the info on Silly Billy, I hope he has a good excuse for your misfortunes. Sorry to read your problems on this
Dealer.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I emailed him. I suggest we all do the same!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I am an international order / Canada and David said in an email he will be sending info in a couple days...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Update: I just got an email that said my book was shipped MEDIA MAIL!
Media Mail is the slowest type of mail available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Silly Billy's New Book (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL