The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ShinSplint 2.0 by Shin Lim (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielrjt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielrjt
Hi guys, so as some of you know, Shin Lim has just released ShinSplint 2.0, here's the blurb:

Four Aces turn face-down, one by one, each in a more stunning manner than the last; all done with just the fingertips.
Stunning. Shin's favorite phase is when the third Queen appears as he turns the fan around. This part kills and fools even the most seasoned magician. Shin Lim has been performing this routine for the past 8 years, and has impressed countless magicians with this amazing rendition of twisting the Aces.
Taking inspiration from Guy Hollingworth's 'Waving the Queens,' ShinSplint 2.0 cranks the card-by-card inversion plot into overdrive.

I'll tell you what, it's a very cool visual trick in my opinion, check it out here: https://www.magicdownloadshop.com/produc......shin-lim
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Is the description garbled? Four Aces turn down and then the third Queen appears?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
danielrjt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielrjt
Not that I can see. If you go to the link above you can watch the trailer, that should make more sense
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
No it's garbled. The effect doesn't involve Aces and Queens. It's either four Aces OR four Queens OR four Kings etc.

At least that's what I get from the trailer which shows the trick being done once with Aces and once with Kings (not Queens by the way) but intercuts the two performances.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
danielrjt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielrjt
It's just saying which is Shin Lim's favourite, and at 1.07 he does it with queens. The actual quote is 'favorite phase is when the third Queen appears as he turns the fan around.'
How is that garbled exactly? Not once does it say 'Four Aces turn down and then the third Queen appears' as you suggested.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Danielrjt wrote:

Quote:
Four Aces turn face-down, one by one, each in a more stunning manner than the last; all done with just the fingertips.
Stunning. Shin's favorite phase is when the third Queen appears as he turns the fan around.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
danielrjt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielrjt
I know what it says. If you have further issues, contact Murphys Magic.
mindthump
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of mindthump
Looks cool and I like the plot, but what skill level does it require? I can do the slights involved in Twisting the Aces but this looks far beyond that.
danielrjt
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielrjt
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2016, mindthump wrote:
Looks cool and I like the plot, but what skill level does it require? I can do the slights involved in Twisting the Aces but this looks far beyond that.

It is quite hard and it's different to twisting the aces. The main change itself is Knacky but it's pretty easy. The routine itself is quite hard and angle sensitive at times. To get it all down you'll have to practice quite a bit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ShinSplint 2.0 by Shin Lim (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL