The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.F.W. (Another !@#$%^& Wallet) by Wayne Dobson (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Here's an update for you. As it turns out Mystique Factory had nothing to do with this as they are a dealer and not the creator/manufacturer of AFW. We have communicated and all is well on that front. MF is a fine dealer and I in no way meant to create any problems. Please accept my apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

More info will be forthcoming as it is available.
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
Hi all

After reading the posts, Wayne and I would like to put the record straight regarding AFW and SUC...

Firstly I must say that AFW does not have a SUC feature. The wallet’s “peek” is a design not used before in a wallet as far as Wayne and I are aware of.

The misconception that AFW does have a SUC is at the byproduct of a common design found in more wallets than I can list and knowing this feature is a standard design we felt that there would be no problem with that. That saying, Wayne designed a trick called Personal FX with Mark Mason in 1990 and it used a slit to switch a card. This is what we added to AFW.

That said, all the effects that are explained using the AFW have nothing to do with any “peeks”, or “duplications” except for the trick Heads Up, which uses the new “peek” feature we added to the wallet and again I reiterate this has nothing what so ever to do with SUC.

The wallet is designed for the following methods…

The peek for Heads Up, using a completely different method to SUC.
The design of the wallet was made to switch items, which is the crux of the other tricks.

Wayne Dobson, DTrik and myself have in no way said the wallet has a built in SUC feature and never will.

We would always recommend Mark Strivings SUC for such tricks using that principle.

Regards,

Mike Sullivan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That's very strange...in an email to Dtriks I asked
"Hi there, just a quickie for you if you don't mind please - that wallet, does one side have the SUC function please?

thanks,
iain"

and the response was:
"Hi Iain,

Yes it does..

sales@dtrik.com"

i can post screenshots if needs be...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
Hi Iain, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I have a couple of people who man the sales enquires while both Wayne and I are away, and having spoken to them it appears they did say it had an SUC function, and for this I apologise and would gladly offer you a full refund as it does not. Please send me an email to mike@dtrik.com and I will give you the address to send the wallet back.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
But that's what I don't understand - in my opinion, it DOES have a SUC function... it looks and behaves exactly like the SUC function in the stealth assassin case, and the SUC itself...not the side you use for heads up, but the other side, the rear portion for business cards...the workings and the way the outside top most leather panel is exactly like the s.a.w. and the SUC...not trying to cause grief here, just being honest...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
See?
http://www.martinsmagic.com/wp-content/u......1024.jpg

http://www.martinsmagic.com/wp-content/u......1024.jpg

EDIT - though, if you guy brought something to market in 1990 and that pre-dates the SUC, then its all sorted...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2016, MagicMike101 wrote:
Hi all

After reading the posts, Wayne and I would like to put the record straight regarding AFW and SUC...

Firstly I must say that AFW does not have a SUC feature. The wallet’s “peek” is a design not used before in a wallet as far as Wayne and I are aware of.

The misconception that AFW does have a SUC is at the byproduct of a common design found in more wallets than I can list and knowing this feature is a standard design we felt that there would be no problem with that. That saying, Wayne designed a trick called Personal FX with Mark Mason in 1990 and it used a slit to switch a card. This is what we added to AFW.

That said, all the effects that are explained using the AFW have nothing to do with any “peeks”, or “duplications” except for the trick Heads Up, which uses the new “peek” feature we added to the wallet and again I reiterate this has nothing what so ever to do with SUC.

The wallet is designed for the following methods…

The peek for Heads Up, using a completely different method to SUC.
The design of the wallet was made to switch items, which is the crux of the other tricks.

Wayne Dobson, DTrik and myself have in no way said the wallet has a built in SUC feature and never will.

We would always recommend Mark Strivings SUC for such tricks using that principle.

Regards,

Mike Sullivan

Thanks for clearing it up mike totally not a suc like I said,I knew it wasnt because I already own some sucs,I hope we talk about the tricks with it now
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It doesn't have an SUC in the same way a JOL wallet doesn't have an SUC. It's just semantics and anyone with experience can recognise it for what it is.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Hey guys,

OK, allow me to happily put this to rest. Mike, Wayne and myself have communicated on this and can now set the record straight.

First of all, I can now tell you unequivocally that the AFW DOES have the SUC feature. The reason for the confusion was somewhat semantic due to the perception in some quarters that SUC is strictly a peek wallet (and therefore a single function device) which obviously it is not. Since the peek on AFW does not use the SUC function it was thought not to be the same thing. However after clearing up a few aspects of just what SUC entails it has been agreed upon the the AFW does indeed have the SUC function on it, and that function is used as both a holdout and/or a loader, depending which very clever Dobson routine you are doing. The wallet also includes a peek function that is not SUC related and a clever switch function that is SUC related albeit in less obvious ways (used as a holdout as part of a very effective switch).

I am exceedingly happy to report that this was simply a case of being unaware of several aspects of the overall issue, including provenance. This is all going to be corrected over the course of the next few days. I am a huge fan of Wayne and Mike's work and I didn't think it was possible that this was done intentionally, and indeed I was correct. These are some of the good guys and you need to support their work and spread the word of just how honorable these gentleman are. I only wish everything in magic was handled this professionally. Thank you to Mike and Wayne for helping to sort this out. Much success, my friends!

And while I'm at it, watch the demo video. If you like what you see you will be very happy with the AFW.

Mark Strivings
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Karl M - go polish your banjo...

I rate the AFW highly, well made, works very well at a great price. It fits lots of different presentations and is great leather too.
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
While you been here moaning about stuff,I been out performing afw stuff dunny,already worked out 3 new routines with it what I sent to Wayne Dobson
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Course you have...

Much preferred your other character btw...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1820 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Karl M - go polish your banjo...

I rate the AFW highly, well made, works very well at a great price. It fits lots of different presentations and is great leather too.

Yes I think an applogy is well in order !
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Thanks mate but he wont apologse to me because he always thinks hes right,but Im not that bothered to be honest I don't even know him
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I just placed an order for one to evaluate and will let everyone know what I think when it arrives.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I received the wallet and am very satisfied with it. It smells like genuine leather and the manufacturing is of very high quality. Personally, I found the included effects somewhat throw away but others might find them practical and useful in performance. To me, this wallet's most valuable feature is it's SUC which the routines appear to inversely and continuously exploit in my opinion. Without exposing anything, one of the most useless features of this wallet is the magnetic flap that is embedded and sewn into the wallet but is not a hinderance in any way. If you are a collector looking for, yet, another SUC styled wallet than I can recommend it. Otherwise, albeit a nice once, as the name implies, it is just another ****in' wallet Smile
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Has Karl been banned? Nothing showing on his profile Smile Hope he's back soon...passes the odd half hour reading his posts "mate". Smile
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
353 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
First off, I have the wallet... It's very well made and it feels like great leather. At the same time, I am a bit lost and may be missing something. The wallet is gimmicked in two ways (three depending on how you define "gimmicked.") One of the gimmicks is pretty unique... inside the "secret compartment." I've not seen it on any other wallet and it accounts for a lot of the wallet itself.

My "confusion" is that only one routine in the accompanying video leverages that gimmick. It's clever.... and I'd like to have other effects beyond just the one in the video. Are there other published effects using this gimmick?
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
461 Posts

Profile of westo
I agree ....trying desperately to come up with another routine for that gimmick..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I got some what I come up with, Passover peek and back door scribble are 2 of them
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.F.W. (Another !@#$%^& Wallet) by Wayne Dobson (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL