The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertigo Prediction by Rodrigo Romano - Bazar de Magia (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Am I reading that right- over 1 thousand dollars for this? I hope it's good.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
No- the US currency is $69.99. And yes, it's good!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Sorry- you do not get a carrying case for the gimmick- my mistake! But if your into magic/mentalism I am sure you have one of these lying around.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Still interested in this but would need more information before taking the plunge.
I might be completely off track regarding the principle used but if my general guess is right, can someone comment how much fiddling is required to produce the correct out:
- Can this be done quickly, without raising suspicion?
- Is it done on an off-beat moment in the context of the routine?
- A free country can be named means that I have at least 194 outs with this system?
- Do I need to sacrifice a pocket for the gimmick?
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
New user
Argentina
87 Posts

Profile of Martín Pacheco
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Gaijin wrote:
Still interested in this but would need more information before taking the plunge.
I might be completely off track regarding the principle used but if my general guess is right, can someone comment how much fiddling is required to produce the correct out:
- Can this be done quickly, without raising suspicion?
- Is it done on an off-beat moment in the context of the routine?
- A free country can be named means that I have at least 194 outs with this system?
- Do I need to sacrifice a pocket for the gimmick?

1) This always depends on the magician.
2) There are 5 diferents routine.You choose the better for you
3) Yes any country - any famous people - any card ...
4) I don't use a pocket With gimmck. You can Performe it naked
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
There is very minimal fiddling. It's very easy to obtain the information. In fact, I think it's one of the easiest and most deceptive systems out there to retrieve the information.

I am really liking this!

RNK
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
@RNK and Martin, thank you both for your comments.
I was off track indeed, since there is an unlimited number of outs according to your comment. This is very good news for me (but bad news for my wallet)!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This doesn't seem to be anything more than an index...
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2016, MadisonH wrote:

Surely looks like it. I would love to know what makes this a better method compared to current methods.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3673 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
While I do not have it, but if that is the case then you do not need to have your hands in your pockets as compared to a regular system. IT is hidden in plain sight. I use the one made by Christopher Taylor which is excellent and highly recommended. Whether or not it makes a difference I cannot say. The billets for Vertigo seem to be very small. IT is a trade off. But is seems to be a nice addition to this type of utility device.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2016, MadisonH wrote:

One if the more deceiving and easiest ones I have come across since the dirty work is done right in front of the spectators with no fishy moves!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3673 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
RNK,

Thank you for your much valued and respected opinion. I will pick one up.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Giannim
I agree with MadisonH, it seems to be anything more than an index...however, I don't like to buy an effect quite expensive like VP, that I can only see on a "remastered" video.
Martín Pacheco
View Profile
New user
Argentina
87 Posts

Profile of Martín Pacheco
Hi

Magicians that use indexes do miracles. Juan Tamariz wrote some years ago about the magic of the accessories. Someone who controls this, it becomes a powerful weapon. Just enough to remember those who use topit, or who use holdouts etc. Vertigo is much more than an index. Techniques,routines and a new concept in this type of gimmick.
A few comments request me
a video in Real time , so here a short video in real time only for 1 effects.

https://vimeo.com/175574898

Martin Pacheco
Bazar de Magia
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1232 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Martin thanks but do you call that a real time demo video? Smile

This sounds good but so many people on the fence as it seems...
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Can someone please comment on the below questions:
- Can this be performed in t-shirt without putting hands to the pockets?
- Regarding switching prediction- please confirm if the glass is empty and can be handed to the spectator after the switch.
- What is the amount of outs?

Thanks,
Marcin
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2214 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I think I will answer all of your questions, since I have had this for about 2 weeks now, and yes, I have worked it.

First off,

Do you need to put your hands in your pocket? No
Can you perform in a t-shirt? Yes
Can the glass be examined after the switch? It depends how you look at it, the spectator cannot fiddle with it a lot but can take a casual look and they will not see anything......it all depends on your presentation and how you go about doing it...if you do this right, there will be no heat on the glass, so no need to worry.........reminds me of something David Regal put out long ago called Memento...at the end they couldn't thoroughly examine it, but the idea was sold when you handed it to them briefly, same here.
What are the amount of outs? 48 outs, or you can use less if you don't want to go the card route, you can do countries, or cities, etc, etc

Coming from someone how has had this for about 2 weeks, and has worked it about 20 or so times, 10 of those being in real-time, yeah I would agree with what has been said, about it is nothing more than an index, BUT, and yes, there is a BUT, this feels more natural than other indexes that I have had, like Quantum Connection, and LPI............although both of those indexes are great, this one is hiding out in the open in plain sight, and you do not need to reach into your pockets.

The billets are easy to get a grasp of from the index, and you don't really have to look, you can casually just do it, and it only takes a second and you are done.

The gimmick is something I had not seen before, and though seems like it would be something that most of you might dismiss, it works, simple as that.

Nobody suspects a thing, and you are way ahead of them.

There are multiple ways you can do the switch from the video, and everything is taught in detail.

I will be honest and say, that when I first received this, I didn't know what to expect, and for about 2 days, just had it inside the drawer, then I went back and saw the whole video, and then I started to come up with ideas.

You do not have to use the full 48 if you don't want, the sky is the limit with your imagination, and you can predict literally just about anything.

So you want to do a type of confabulation effect in which your spectator has 3-4 things to choose from, and they are predicted, you can do that.

Also, there is a routine that uses the One Ahead principle that is very clever.

Since I have worked this, I will say that this works, plain as that. Nobody suspects a thing, and gimmick is hidden always

Thumbs up, and highly recommended.

Though still, I know you cant please everyone.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Though I really like this myself, ALOT actually, I do have to disagree with Alex on one point- maybe you can get away with a quick glance after the switch but it better be quick. I have not performed it with a glass, I just place my prediction on the table and do the old method.

Oh and you can perform this NAKED if you want to, lol.....

I do love this index system and agree with Alex, definitely one of the most natural indexes out there.

RNK
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
I thought that this was an index but did not want to use the word to avoid exposure.
Now that it's done, let's talk about this:

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Martín Pacheco wrote:
Quote:

What?
Martin's answers let me think that I was on the wrong track with his answer and I concluded that this was an instant duplication system instead.
Let me ask how 48 outs can contain all countries on this planet?
Do I need to choose an uneducated audience to be successful with this particular routine Smile ?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1316 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, Gaijin wrote:
I thought that this was an index but did not want to use the word to avoid exposure.
Now that it's done, let's talk about this:

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Martín Pacheco wrote:
Quote:

What?
Martin's answers let me think that I was on the wrong track with his answer and I concluded that this was an instant duplication system instead.
Let me ask how 48 outs can contain all countries on this planet?
Do I need to choose an uneducated audience to be successful with this particular routine Smile ?

Even more:

"The spectator chooses a character, a country and a letter (or something of any other category) and there is an astounding full coincidence with the magician predictions."

A character could be tens of thousands, which made me also think it was some kind of duplication or hidden writing system. An index that contains all of that with 48 spots? Sure.

Oh, a character from this list of 11 characters?

A country from this list of 11 countries?

Any letter?

At least in English that's what would fit.

I also get amused by the no pocket space (or you don't need a pocket / you can perform this naked) claims these days. If this is the only thing you do and you just carry around the index in your hands I guess technically you don't need a pocket, but where do you put it if you want to perform something else? Apparently NOT your pocket! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertigo Prediction by Rodrigo Romano - Bazar de Magia (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL