The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertigo Prediction by Rodrigo Romano - Bazar de Magia (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
There is nothing wrong with practicing sleight of hand. However, there are tricks I sold because after extensive practice, there is nothing I can do with them. I'm a hobbyist, not a professional, I can't spend all the time practicing magic. My abilities seem weird, in card magic, I do the classic pass quite well, and many variations, but a move that is said to be easy/intermediate, such as false counting, I do it badly, no matter how hard I've practiced. Thus even if you, Bill, and the other reviewers (e.g., Alex) said it's easy, it may not be so for me. For what I know, I'm good at sleights with hands, but bad with sleights that use fingers. Really, I don't mind a little time spent in practicing (e.g., several weeks, or even months if it really worths it) but it will help me make a decision if I know more or less the kind of sleight I need to practice to do that trick. Of course, if it's direct exposure, no need to say anything about it here. I think, later or sooner, I will get my answer about the sleights that are required.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22133 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
From a reference, you have made your post very personal, I don't wish to make this personal, as I don't know anything you your or your abilities.

I can only say, if you watch the demo videos, you will should be able to see the sleight of "finger" that is needed.

This is not most likely for you at this point in your magic life. There is a lot of spectator management, mental ability in the heat of the performance.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1792 Posts

Profile of 252life
Well, that link above to Propdog just turned me into a new customer.
I love that they put that no BS "warning" right at the top of the ad copy.
(This is all an aside, not in any way related to this exact product.)
I appreciate the customer respect.

Anyway, as always, thanks for the input Alex and BMW.
You guys always help me form a pre purchase decission honestly.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
HT
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of HT
I have been playing with this all day, and I think its great. It probably took 3 hours solid practice to become fluent. Absolutely fantastic for a one ahead with no force.
The prep for a wine glass can be done on the fly in 10 seconds easily, it sort of can and sort of can't be examined, but the nature of the trick takes the heat off the glass when it is most needed.
I prefer the small cup handling/ simply using a bit of sleight of hand. The pieces of paper and small and hence easy to conceal, and as they are folded many times it adds to the tension of the reveal.
I received this for roughly half price in a sale, and most likely would not have paid full price, not knowing what it was.
I can tell you that in all honesty that this is very well made (metal, and will undoubtably last a lifetime ) but is also easily concealed in plain sight.
The trailer may be slightly misleading, but that is exactly how the effect will appear to laymen, and it is very clean once practiced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vertigo Prediction by Rodrigo Romano - Bazar de Magia (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL