The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patter for Mentalism (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
PhilFlad
View Profile
New user
Manhattan Beach CA
9 Posts

Profile of PhilFlad
Regarding patter: my situation seems to be peculiar. First off, I'm ancient. If my name were on a restaurant menu followed by my age people would assume I had been discontinued. Second, I'm retired and not seeking financial support from performing. I can be paid but it's not my sole goal. I enjoy entertaining. I consider my shows Ad Hoc, one off, usually favors for friends. A large part of the audience is usually people who know me so unlikely to grant me psychic credentials. Given these starters I came up with a scenario that worked admirably for the last effort. I blamed it all on coincidence. And geriatrics. I keep forgetting things and stuff jumps into my brain to fill the empty spaces. I re-start the show half a dozen times doing 6 card repeat. I keep referring to file cards for content. Gets laughs during MOABT and gets turned around at climax by showing off with Cassidy's deck memory. Exit line, "Now if I can just remember what I did with my car keys."
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, yachanin wrote:
If asked, I just say it is "secret knowledge." It's a true statement, yet allows them to wonder and speculate Smile

Regards, Steve

That closely resembles something that I say.

"I don't have special powers. What I do have is special KNOWLEDGE. And knowledge IS power."
PhilFlad
View Profile
New user
Manhattan Beach CA
9 Posts

Profile of PhilFlad
Given the "coincidence" premise, of course, disqualifies me as the MASTER. BUT, I get to play the amazed one. Portrayal of "smartest guy in the room" never appealed to me.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Act of Imagination
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patter for Mentalism (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL