The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper presented by Nick Locapo (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7335

It just sounds too clean. Anyone got it?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, Magic KL wrote:
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7335

It just sounds too clean. Anyone got it?

Of course. Hundreds upon hundreds of people have it. It's that's clean.
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
500 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I'd love to know if this download shares any nice/new touches on this classic. If someone takes the plunge, especially someone that already knows the original, please don't hesitate to share your thoughts with us!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I bought the original wallet many years agop when it 1st came out but for the price I took the plunge to see what these two guys have added to it(incidently I never used the original version in close up events. I used to do it as an invisisble card type routine in cabaret).

Over the years I have bought so many versions of this. However, for the price it's worth a view.

After downloading & watching the video I will post my findings(views) on here.

Mike Donoghue
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
What's a good wallet to buy for this effect? Something nice and thin?

Curious if this download goes into details on the best kinds of wallet for this effect?

I have the original, but never got around to performing this because I don't like to carry a wallet with me and the ones I have are too thin without enough compartments.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
179 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
It's a hell of an effect. Been around a long time, and having seen Nick perform it I know that this one is going to be worth the money. He destroys with it all the time. Glad a classic like this is getting some dust knocked off it for the kids to see.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22445 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am only guessing, but I would say that, being the original Kolossal Killer was in manuscript form, this is a video version for those that don't want to read the pamphlet version. And at half the price of the manuscript. Again only guessing, but the original Manuscript had a full discussion on the effect, most magician's who use this effect, only use the simplest from of presenting it. Some like the "miss by one" and others like to be spot on.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of tomd
Its a killer for sure 😉
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Elite user
SLC, Utah
500 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Mark Elsdon tipped a great bit of thinking in his (first) Penguin Live lecture that allows you to streamline the "pack out" for this plot. Almost any wallet would work using Mark's strategy.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Now Available: OMNI-TEST (Limited Release)
www.mindofandrews.com/omni-test

ARCHITECT OF THE MIND
For more information and to download a free preview visit the link below:
www.mindofandrews.com/colleagues

PENGUIN LIVE ACT: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11689
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
If Mark Elsdon's version uses any form of equivoque, I'm not interested.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, itsmagic wrote:
If Mark Elsdon's version uses any form of equivoque, I'm not interested.

you'll be missing out than mate bit arogant there
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
931 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:
I bought the original wallet many years agop when it 1st came out but for the price I took the plunge to see what these two guys have added to it(incidently I never used the original version in close up events. I used to do it as an invisisble card type routine in cabaret).

Over the years I have bought so many versions of this. However, for the price it's worth a view.

Mike Donoghue

Waiting with baited breath...
Smile
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
917 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
When I used to do the original at least 1/4 of people I performed for were openly suspicious about the wallet so I gave up on it.
Mark Elsdons version (from his first lecture) is perfect though.
Reader discretion is advised.
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
I know this is about a different product, but Mark Elsdon's handling really is close to perfection. In fact his scripting choices in that lecture clean up KK, any of the voques, and PATEO. But to the subject at hand, if you aren't performing some form of KK then you are missing out.
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
251 Posts

Profile of otreboR
I also do the "off by one" version and use the picture cards you get with "Twisted Sisters".
You can put one envelope on the table and start the effect.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:

Mike Donoghue

Looking forward to your findings.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I to have used every version & variation going ie. Kenton's, Mark Elsdons, Mark Oberons, Steven Tuckers(which is excelent , Chris Congeave's(another great one) & even the Predator wallet.

Will put my findings on maybe tromorrow after watching it.

Mike Donoghue
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
171 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Mark Oberons version was by far my favorite, not sold any longer sadly,
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Great to see this, and for sure Nick has great touches in his experience, but I encourage to any interested in (my opinion) the best thought of card in wallet to support the original creator as well.

Kenton goes deeply in the psychology of this routine in the original manuscript https://www.wonderwizards.com/l/complete......training

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of BCE
Does this new presentation cover any variations *WITHOUT* a wallet? If not, I will probably pass on this one and defer to some of the prior comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper presented by Nick Locapo (55 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL