The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper presented by Nick Locapo (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12067 Posts

Profile of John C
Also see "7" from Bryan Reynolds. No quicker "get" to a single card in the universe. Using no cards.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
jamesmwood
View Profile
New user
El Paso, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
Review of Penguin Download of Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper

This trick is solid. The spectator names any card. Totally free choice. You then say "What a coincidence, that's my lucky card!" To prove it, you show them your wallet and pull out a card. About 33% of the time this card is exactly the one named by the spectator and you have a miracle. The rest of the time the card in the wallet doesn't exactly match the one named, but you still turn the trick into a near-miracle through a clever ending.

Pros:
The Penguin video download includes several live performances with real spectators.
Nick Locano's teaching is excellent. His explanations are thorough and clear.
This trick makes a great opener for walk-around. It lasts less than two minutes, can be performed surrounded, and has a difficulty level of about 5 (on a 1 to 10 scale).

Cons:
The inside of the wallet can't be shown to spectators.
The trick takes a fair amount of wallet space and isn't practical if your wallet is already crowded. If your wallet is stuffed, you may need to use a second one for this trick.
Marcus Eddie's ODD delivers a similar impact and may be more practical. Whereas ODD requires a special deck, Kolossal Killer requires a lot of wallet space. The choice between the two tricks probably depends on which one the magician finds more practical.
Jim Wood
El Paso, Texas
jawood@utep.edu
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Ordered last night and watched the download. Nick does a great job teaching his handling and going over some nuances that I don't recall in the manuscript. There is a segment with him and Jeff Kaylor sharing their history and success with KK. Seeing how thin and small Jeff's wallet is loaded with KK was awesome. I am very excited to work on this now.

The video starts off with a few live performances, then Nick goes into the workings of KK in detail which is much appreciated. The video is about 40 minutes long! He shows how to set this up using his two wallets, one of them a fire wallet - which I love! He shows you how thin the wallet is with KK loaded and goes into a simple studio demonstration. Very good to see this in action versus just reading it. The only thing I would've loved to see is Jeff Kaylor performing or demonstrating this, but Nick did a great job teaching this. Highly recommended.
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
375 Posts

Profile of hornet
Is there anything new in terms of handling me on this download or is it just a video version of the original handling?
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, John C wrote:
Also see "7" from Bryan Reynolds. No quicker "get" to a single card in the universe. Using no cards.

Hi John. Where can I find this?
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
It is a nice video that has been a pleasure to see but there is nothing new under the sun...
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Well since we're all throwing out our favorite takes on the plot, I'll chime in and say that Rus Andrews' Spoken is the best I have come across. I took his brilliant principle and modified it a bit to what personally I feel is the ultimate solution. If you are familiar with Spoken, PM me and I'll share my set up.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
tomd
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, blurrylines wrote:
Quote:

the swafwan papers
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12067 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, blurrylines wrote:
Quote:

what he said: safwan
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1827 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks for the reviews!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8263 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The easiest, and cleanest method, but takes pocket space is to have two wallets and use DF cards.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8263 Posts

Profile of pegasus
In fact I've just been reminded that Doomo (Tony) of rfaproductions.com is THE true master of card indexes, hands down.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, hornet wrote:
Is there anything new in terms of handling me on this download or is it just a video version of the original handling?

Bought it ands disappointed with it theres nothing new at all with it just the basic handling of it really Smile
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1546 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, pegasus wrote:
In fact I've just been reminded that Doomo (Tony) of rfaproductions.com is THE true master of card indexes, hands down.

Killer Wallet is also an option and has 24 index pockets 16 of which are completely concealed.
Tony
tomd
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Tony Curtis wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, pegasus wrote:

Killer Wallet is also an option and has 24 index pockets 16 of which are completely concealed.
Tony

Do the killer envelopes you sell bulk up the wallet much more than just having the cards in there?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Where can one buy the various wallets?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12067 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Rainboguy wrote:
Where can one buy the various wallets?

I have one if anyone is interested. Hardly ever used.
dj
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of dj
Jan Forster has an interesting variation.
The first routine in the video (the video is in german language):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZKOuas6eXY
Perhaps he will show this routine in his Penguine Live Lecture.

Jan, can you say something about it?

Darko
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
90 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Coming from someone who's never read the manuscript, I was very disappointed with the trailer. It was extremely misleading. When watching the explanation it was like I was watching an entirely different effect. They only show you best case scenario in the trailer and not any of the footage where a majority of the time you will be missing and using the out. I think this footage could've easily been incorporated into the trailer without giving away the method or fear of reverse engineering.

I also did the math. You have a 1 in 3 shot of guessing the card successfully. Meaning, 2 out of 3 times you will be using an out.

Many people here are trying to defend this effect by saying the outs are better then a direct hit. That is simply not the case. Using the out is in no way as powerful as someone naming a card and you pulling that exact card out of your wallet. It doesn't get any more direct and powerful than that. The problem with this effect is a majority of the time you will not be able to do this.

You also don't and clean. In a lot of cases you will not be able to hand the card out for examination and 100% of the time you will not be able to hand the wallet out. So audience management is a key skill with this effect and you will have to deal with hecklers if they ask to see the card or the wallet. Also, if performing this surrounded you will need to be very careful on angles not to expose certain things.

On the positive side, this is a very clever method. If you don't mind effects where you don't end clean and you are good at audience management. Then this is the effect for you. This will definitely floor your audience. I personally have came up with several variations that limit the wallet load and also make it so it is 100% hit and ends completely clean. Not sure if they are similar to other methods out there. I am reading that there are others that have come up with their own variations. But this definitely opens up the mind for new possibilities and thinking process.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my videos!

email: inventivemagic@gmail.com
YT: www.youtube.com/InventiveMagic
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/inventivemagic
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrianAMelchiorre
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
The video explain the basic effect but this effect is one of the best that you could find around... one of the strongest and the out here give you really a better hit... if you us it properly...

Managing the audience is not a huge problem and you do not have to be a master to not give out your wallet... except if you give your wallet to every stranger who is asking for it...

At the end, I am happy to see that you have found some better way to do it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kolossal Killer by Kenton Knepper presented by Nick Locapo (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL