The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Decent Glorpy? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NateReeves
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of NateReeves
I seem to have trouble finding a quality glorpy online for purchase. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
In "Hank, The Ghost Hank" found in The Wizards' Journal #16, Spellbinder takes you through several methods for making "Glorpy" and his cousins from any quality men's pocket handkerchief, or a bandanna, or any fabric square. Just buy the hank you like and then convert it to become a "haunted hank."
NateReeves
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of NateReeves
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, jimgerrish wrote:
In "Hank, The Ghost Hank" found in The Wizards' Journal #16, Spellbinder takes you through several methods for making "Glorpy" and his cousins from any quality men's pocket handkerchief, or a bandanna, or any fabric square. Just buy the hank you like and then convert it to become a "haunted hank."

I have thought about making one and I would know how to do it. However I don't know where to get the material for the "secret" part.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Fabricmanipulation.com = "the best in town" for a complete "set"
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Here you go, the best of the best:
http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/magict......3-3.html
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, NateReeves wrote:
Quote:

I have thought about making one and I would know how to do it. However I don't know where to get the material for the "secret" part.

Try Staples or Office Depot or your local Dollar Store.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I have purchased numerous products from fabric manipulation sand they are all of top notch quality, you can't go wrong.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2016, NateReeves wrote:
Quote:

Any hardware store sells the material for the gimmick.

Buy the scarf from Burlington Department store.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Please allow me to suggest that you consider getting yourself a Tenyo Phantoma. It is a combination of a Glorpy type handkerchief and a Rattle Box which is a small haunted house.

The combination works well as a complete routine and the handkerchief is a nice color combination and I like the material as well.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
When making the gaffus be sure and bend the ends into rounded flattened " loops" so ithey won't poke through the fabric (as quickly) with continued use. It won't be easy to fit in the space you have but it will be worth it.
-Mary
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
It is a combination of a Glorpy type handkerchief and a Rattle Box which is a small haunted house

If you're talented you can customize the little Tenyo haunted house to look like this ...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Decent Glorpy? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL