The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
efrados
View Profile
Regular user
Montevideo, Uruguay
106 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, ash2arani wrote:
Just a question, the description (and trailer) say this was designed with US dollar and Half dollar in mind. Then it says it will work with quarters and above.

Can someone please confirm if quarters work fine or are relatively small and not recommended with this device.

Overall, great trailer and product!

I believe the trailer mentioned inserts for smaller coins.

Jim

No you have the morgan/eisenhower and the half dollar, but on the videos you are going to learn how to use different size coins with the blackbird... watch the Q&A video! Smile
efrados
View Profile
Regular user
Montevideo, Uruguay
106 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Karl M wrote:
How is this better thans sleeving or dropping coins down the sleeve I don't get it?

Is not an alternative to sleeving... you are not going to be able to put it back on the black bird until the next table... BUT it's a holdout to have before going to a table and you are able to do card tricks or whatever and when you want produce a coin without going to a pocket or going to a SS or something like that.

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, Legendary Wizard wrote:
Yes ! This is the trailer that I want to see . Perfect for what I need , a locking holder . If I want two coins produced from the same hand , can I just get two Blackbirfs and attach the two left gimmick both on the single strap ? It'll work perfect to my routine since I'll need four coins to be produced in this visual style .

It is supposed to be designed ergonomically to drop to your elbow from the blackbird... the black bird comes with left and right... Maybe it works but maybe you are going to purchase 2 units... try it and tell us! Smile
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, barts185 wrote:
It would be nice if the write-up included the smallest / largest forearm measurement that the band will allow.

While as per the ad copy this is "adaptable to almost all body types", that doesn't really help those of us on the outer boundaries that often find that phrase means "but probably not you." Smile

I'd like to know this too Smile.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I would like to know if quarters work the same way or will have an issue of noise or will not be ideal for this. What would the limitations be?

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, efrados wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
Just a question, the description (and trailer) say this was designed with US dollar and Half dollar in mind. Then it says it will work with quarters and above.

Can someone please confirm if quarters work fine or are relatively small and not recommended with this device.

I believe the trailer mentioned inserts for smaller coins.

Jim

No you have the morgan/eisenhower and the half dollar, but on the videos you are going to learn how to use different size coins with the blackbird... watch the Q&A video! Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, efrados wrote:
Quote:
How is this better thans sleeving or dropping coins down the sleeve I don't get it?

Is not an alternative to sleeving... you are not going to be able to put it back on the black bird until the next table... BUT it's a holdout to have before going to a table and you are able to do card tricks or whatever and when you want produce a coin without going to a pocket or going to a SS or something like that.

Quote:
Yes ! This is the trailer that I want to see . Perfect for what I need , a locking holder . If I want two coins produced from the same hand , can I just get two Blackbirfs and attach the two left gimmick both on the single strap ? It'll work perfect to my routine since I'll need four coins to be produced in this visual style .

It is supposed to be designed ergonomically to drop to your elbow from the blackbird... the black bird comes with left and right... Maybe it works but maybe you are going to purchase 2 units... try it and tell us! Smile

I'm just worried that , when I unload both coins in the same wrist , they'll clink against each other as I do a gesture ... Either that or I unload one by one , which will mean more gestures as it unloads , but I shall get one first and see if a second one is adaptable on the same wrist .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1667 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
This seems way too cumbersome. Both wrists are strapped with hardware. And the "holdout" works in only one direction -- you can obtain a coin but not ditch one.

The Secret Servante seems far better. You can obtain multiple coins at once, or one at a time, in a natural way. And you can ditch them, too (e.g., an extra coin after a routine). All with no extra gestures.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I just made one of these with a couple of broad handedl crocodile clips and some of safety pins
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5147 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
I just made one of these with a couple of broad handedl crocodile clips and some of safety pins

I'm sure that will work. Good luck not nicking up your silver coins with those clips though. The Blackbird looks to be a very professionally made device that should not harm the coins.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Quote:
Eh how does that one work then, I disnt think it was a bird harness as well,whats all that about?

Lmfao
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure that will work. Good luck not nicking up your silver coins with those clips though. The Blackbird looks to be a very professionally made device that should not harm the coins.

i stuck felt on them I'm not stupid
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3209 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The trailer not only exposes the Blackbird gimmick but it also exposes sleeving. Sure most spectators already suspect sleeving so let's not only confirm their suspicions but give them the inside details.

After performing with this device be sure to give your audience the url to the trailer so they can see how cool it is. I mean exposure doesn't hurt magic right?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
efrados
View Profile
Regular user
Montevideo, Uruguay
106 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, jerdunn wrote:
This seems way too cumbersome. Both wrists are strapped with hardware. And the "holdout" works in only one direction -- you can obtain a coin but not ditch one.

The Secret Servante seems far better. You can obtain multiple coins at once, or one at a time, in a natural way. And you can ditch them, too (e.g., an extra coin after a routine). All with no extra gestures.

I use 2 secret servante on my miser's dream routine to produce 6 extra coins... but I do think that blackbird can be on to something
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2016, MeetMagicMike wrote:
The trailer not only exposes the Blackbird gimmick but it also exposes sleeving. Sure most spectators already suspect sleeving so let's not only confirm their suspicions but give them the inside details.

After performing with this device be sure to give your audience the url to the trailer so they can see how cool it is. I mean exposure doesn't hurt magic right?

The trailer is aimed just towards magicians , sure some layman might spot it . But look , layman don't realize that there's this thing called " magic products " . It's very rare that they'll even stumble on these vids , and on the occasion when they do , that's just rare .

These vids provide a clear insight to what the gimmick is , and these is what most magicians wants to know before we make the purchase . I won't want to see a trailer , buy something , and realize that it's not for me . Trailers like VAPR , this , and some others provides us with an opportunity to make decisions wisely since all information is given . The open trailer will benefit us more .

Another point to note is , this gimmick has to have this kind of trailers . It would be " super unattractive " for any magician if the trailer simply showed what Blackbird can do , in which the entire video will be about coin productions and vanishes , who will be interested ? Maybe they can mention a few words of how much control you'll have , but it will not showcase the full potential of what this gimmick can do .

Open trailers are a previlage to some products . This is a utility device , not a magic trick . When used appropriately , will cancel out the thoughts of sleeving from the spectator's mind . I wouldn't want magic tricks' trailers to expose it , instead I hope utility devices' trailers can be open , a least a little to what it does .

But your point about layman spotting the trailer still stand that a minority of the population will . So in this case , maybe future trailers that involve exposure to benefit the group can be set with a password protection ? Or a question to which the answer will only be known to magicians ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
It would be nice if the write-up included the smallest / largest forearm measurement that the band will allow.

While as per the ad copy this is "adaptable to almost all body types", that doesn't really help those of us on the outer boundaries that often find that phrase means "but probably not you." Smile

I believe that the armbands are just shy of 15 inches in total length, so about 14 inches usable and you stretch them a bit to wear them properly. So maybe right back to 15 inches. I'm thin build, but I requested the armbands to be a little extra long to include as many folks as possible. You'll want to measure around your forearm at a hand width's length up from the joints in your wrist to get the approximate length the bands need to be. Anyway, I don't want to bore, but the video goes over exactly how to fit and I discuss other armband alternatives (which may or may not work for users and I share why I chose this style of band over many many trials) and I teach how to use without armbands. So The Birds themselves attach with velcro, so anywhere you can put iron on or stitch in velcro, say inside your coat sleeve, you can attach a bird. Excellent question. I hope they fit, I hope you will enjoy them!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 29, 2016, TazBo wrote:
I will be ordering a set of these, but I was wondering if Jeff had tried to use 2 devices on each arm, or is that a none worker?
Does it draw too much attention to where the coins are coming from as you would need to pull your sleves up an extra 2 times to release the other coins. Just an idea.

TazBo, Excellent question. In case people have not noticed, BB attaches via velcro hook, the armband is all velcro loop, so you can strap on a couple, no problem. I've attached a picture of my Batman utility belts. haha. So in all honestly, 3 on each forearm is too much for me, but it is some firepower. Back to your question, two on each arm can work just fine. (I just had to try 3, this picture is a couple years old, these are mostly prototypes if you see variations.) The reasons I don't advertise this are a few, but mostly... I don't want people to think I'm up selling the second they buy it, so none of the routines rely on more than 2 Birds.

Also, BB can be worn on the Bicep muscle. This was one of my original placements, but I loved the instant reset on my wrists and then I didn't have to wear a coat, as bicep loading requires. But you could wear four that way, two forearm and two bicep, and throw in some stuck to velcro under the hem of your coat, and on the back of your chair and table and well, anywhere you need to hold a coin to retrieve at the press of button. =)

And for part two, the unlocking is very casual and done in off beats, routining the unlock and production should not be an issue.

Click here to view attached image.

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Quote:

Thank you for the question, pls see my response to TazBo

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Quote:

Excellent question, Karl. don't mind the other guys sarcasm, it was a silly joke response.

In traditional sleeving, as I am a practitioner, you must start with a coin up your sleeve. By locking it in, you have the complete freedom and confidence I might add, to approach a table without any awkward arm positions or palming a coin, I always hated when someone wanted to shake my hand when I had a coin up my sleeve or in palm! There is fear in the coin falling or being discovered. When sleeving, BB gives you the ability to talk to people, be a real human, chat and then get into the magic, you don't have to worry about the coin, it's locked into place. OR it gives you the ability to wait on a coin production. You don't have to start with the coins, you can start with a card trick and then instantly go into coins without touching your pockets. All that to say, this is traditional sleeving, with a "performance enhancer." lol. I mean this isn't steroids in baseball, but if your going to cheat, as we do, why not cheat well.

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5332 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
@barts185: I would think you could always use a strip of Velcro to extend the length of the armband if necessary. You can purchase it at any fabric store or online at Amazon.com.

Jim
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Quote:

Ash2arani,

Excellent question!

BB is designed specifically for US silver dollar and half dollar sizes since 95-99% of magicians prefer these coins, from my experience and travels. However, it's tolerance will allow for some varying coins.

As far as a US quarter, that is about the smallest coin it will accept with a 3 minute modification that is super easy to do and fully taught on the video. I teach several "hot rod" mods in case your coin is outside perimeters and you have to use it.

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, djefvulen wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to know this too Smile.

Pls see response to Barts post above.

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL