The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Karl M wrote:
I just made one of these with a couple of broad handedl crocodile clips and some of safety pins

Karl, I appreciate your innovation, but I've been through it all, man. I can confidently and hopefully kindly and respectfully say, "You have not created the same thing."

BB is seamless in performance and your take is not going to give professional results, quick reset, finesse, the years of R and D, routines, thought process, or troubleshooting and teaching that a fair purchase of Blackbird will provide. When I think about all that, it think at 60 bucks for a set of two we might be giving this away! I truly hope you buy a pair and enjoy them for all the years of work I put into this project and what studying it will provide you.

thank you.
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Thank's brother Jeffrey Im definitely getting one now
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I wish them luck with it... But to be clear, it is NOT a hold out it is a coin dropper. A holdout would take the coin away. I only mention this because I see in the advertising it is mentioned as a holdout and some people on line have used that word also.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
murray
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of murray
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, BrotherJeffrey wrote:
...I loved the instant reset on my wrists and then I didn't have to wear a coat, as bicep loading requires....

Really, this device would not be visible - and would still drop the coin smoothly -- if you wear just a long-sleeve shirt but no coat?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It's great to see Brother Jeffrey giving such upfront clear an honest answers , which I believe helps with selling a product rather than the opposite approach that other creators sometimes do . I do realise it depends on the product and as a utility device it's essential but he has certainly been very helpful and transparent and I am with Karl on this I will buy this as it sounds a very good product .
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Toaly agree respect to Brother Jeffery for being up front and honest with us
MDon 2233
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MDon 2233
Agreed Karl . I'm in
MD
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Nice to see an honest trailer, I don't do coins but I can appreciate how up front it is with what you are getting..
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Suitability for the UK / Euro

So.. We were playing with Blackbird at MoM today.. Really impressed with the quality of it, and it's a dream to work with.

For myself, I perform at every gig with a set of soft Morgans and a shell (Jamie Schooldcrafts Dean Dill set) Tonight, I'm adding a blackbird to my set up for the gig, just to store the shell and drop it into play when I need it. For the past 15 years, I've been stealing it out and palming it whilst the coins were handled by the spectator, this is a nice alternative, that makes it a breeze to show my hands much fairer at the start. For just that alone, it's one of the best items I've seen come to the shop in a long long time.

Blackbird isn't currently suitable for any UK coins the moment you get it. You will need to make a small, easy adjustment, that is taught in the tutorial. With only the small adapter, it can only work with a UK £2 coin, but only if the coin runs directly down. If the coin runs down either edge it grips and can get stuck, so you have to shake the Blackbird to free it. You could possibly stretch the plastic, but I would not bother. Just take a moment to adjust the large housing and you are away.. The little hack taught on the video is a breeze and you are 100% good to go.

So no problems at all using any UK coins with this. Just expect to have to make a super easy, little adjustment to the gimmick when you get it.

We are adding more FAQ tips and answering questions on the product page here: https://www.magicshop.co.uk/blackbird-gi......nd-trick

Hope this helps

Dominic
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Will a uk spesific one come out then do you think Dominic I don't really want a bodge job for that amount of cash?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
It's not our product, but I wouldn't have thought so "Karl". With the ease of adjusting it for UK or Euro coins, I think that would not really be necessary. It's probably best to have this designed for large dollar coins, then adjust it yourself to the types of coins you want. It's likely that many magicians use a range of different coins, so having it easily adjusted like this is the most practical option in my opinion.

Compared to the home made bodge job you said you were using eariler in this thread, anything would probably be an improvement though Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Thanks mate my crocodile clips one works sweet but I might get this one any way if its more porfessional and works with UK coins Ill wait for reviews first
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Crocodile clips don't work with UK coins?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Yes my crocodile clips work with any size coin that is the beuty of what I have made, I was going to release it but I did some research and found out Pat Page already did the idea (so it must be a good one haha), in my research there is also a Secret Servnat which can release and take coins so is a good option too from Sean Goodman
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sounds from what Dominic says this is going to be a very useful utility device .
Can Dominic comment whether no jacket is required and a full shirt won't reveal anything bulky ?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, MDon 2233 wrote:
Agreed Karl . I'm in
MD

Sounds from what Dominic says this is going to be a very useful utility device .
Can Dominic comment whether no jacket is required and a full shirt won't reveal anything bulky ?

You will be fine wearing just a shirt. It's very streamlined. They put a lot of thought into that.
One concern is if you are wearing a 'light weight' white cotton dress shirt without a jacket. You may see the black band through the shirt sleeve. A patterned, thicker weave, or darker shirt will prevent that.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I have been playing with this today and it can be done with shirt sleeves down as long as there is room for the coin to fall out.

It operates well, I've tried it with 2p, 10p, 50p and £2 and got them all to work with no problems.

Smaller coins will move around in the gimmick unless you modify it as the gimmick is custom designed for dollars or a half dollar with the adapter.

The UK coins work with the adapter but do move a little which is no real problem.

We have a special offer running here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/b......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
That's not muchs of a special offer itsten pounds more than merchent of magic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, Karl M wrote:
That's not muchs of a special offer itsten pounds more than merchent of magic

Don't forget to add the VAT !!!!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Very sneakey not to show vat prices,to make it look cheaper, good trick lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL