The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (54 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2463 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Sneaky is the word, just watch I bet they match or beat my offer!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Karl.

Mark is mistaken... MoM's price is inclusive of tax's and shipping you do not need to add it to the price.

He's not mistaken about us giving you a better deal though.. There's also a price promise on this item, so it's guaranteed to the cheapest in the UK at MoM. You also get a full year to return it for something else if you decide it's not for you.

You can get more details here https://www.magicshop.co.uk/blackbird-gi......nd-trick

Hope this helps

Dominic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2463 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I was not mistaken you updated your pricing.


How else would Karl have seen a price of £45!, that was the price excluding VAT on your website earlier today.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Hey gang, It got answered a few times, but YES a dress shirt works extremely well. The light wrinkles in the material completely hide it and there is NOTHING to see. It really has a low profile and a dress shirt is one of my favorite ways to use it walking out the door.

So sleeves that work:
Coat -dress, casual, suit
Blazer
Hoodie (like I'm wearing in the trailer or something similar)
Dress shirt (Full disclosure: many dress shirts have a slit along the cuff to the forearm where the little buttons are. (It's called the placket) For some shirts you will need to stitch that closed, I don't want to bore you with the reasons, but it's a good feature about Blackbird I discuss in the video. Don't worry, it's something sleevers sometimes do, it takes 5 minutes and I show exactly where to do it in the video. If your dress shirt needs to close the placket, you can just put a safety pin or piece of tape in there to try it and see it it's a way you will use, very simple fixes)
sweater
tux
authentic wizard's garb*


Sleeves that may not work:
a tight fitting sweater - you can't really sleeve in one of these anyway, coins get stuck to your skin
a long sleeve t shirt - the material is so flimsy, that it is hard to retrieve a coin without dropping. It wouldn't be recommended in any form of sleeving
a thin sweater or thin thermal shirt -same issue as a thin t shirt. I do this, cause I like to challenge myself, but I wouldn't recommend it to others.
a white dress shirt - As Dominic mentioned above, if you can see through the material of your shirt, then it would expose the birds. Thank you, sir. ummmm, Version 2 will be coated in invisible ink, but the price will triple... just kidding.
sleeveless shirts - well, actually - I take a minute to teach a method for using the Birds as a holdout and no sleeves are required! It may help some folks.

And thank you Saturn for discussing UK coin sizes! Over all, thank you for everyone's support, if you can't tell, I'm really excited about the project!



Ask away here, but also Luke Dancy with Murphy's is going to do a live Q n A on August 8th, pre order shipping day!, at 2pm CST on Facebook.




* authentic wizard garb with sleeve openings larger than say 12 inches may not work. something like Losander's will work fine. lol
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Mark. I find it's more productive to focus on your own business rather than worrying about others... I would rather focus on answering peoples product questions on here to give good service, than moan about prices etc. If you want to do that, drop me an email instead so we can get back to helping customers

But to answer your question, as you well know, visitors can switch views on our site for inc or exc UK taxes. It's very popular with our none EU customers and business users. The price for a UK customer is the same. However, we do and will price match any other UK magic dealer, as all good dealers do. We can both race to the bottom on price if you like, but that's really not the best way to grow your business long term. Let's just price this fairly and give a better service instead.

Back to product support please...
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, BrotherJeffrey wrote:
Hey gang, It got answered a few times, but YES a dress shirt works extremely well. The light wrinkles in the material completely hide it and there is NOTHING to see. It really has a low profile and a dress shirt is one of my favorite ways to use it walking out the door.

So sleeves that work:
Coat -dress, casual, suit
Blazer
Hoodie (like I'm wearing in the trailer or something similar)
Dress shirt (Full disclosure: many dress shirts have a slit along the cuff to the forearm where the little buttons are. (It's called the placket) For some shirts you will need to stitch that closed, I don't want to bore you with the reasons, but it's a good feature about Blackbird I discuss in the video. Don't worry, it's something sleevers sometimes do, it takes 5 minutes and I show exactly where to do it in the video. If your dress shirt needs to close the placket, you can just put a safety pin or piece of tape in there to try it and see it it's a way you will use, very simple fixes)
sweater
tux
authentic wizard's garb*


Sleeves that may not work:
a tight fitting sweater - you can't really sleeve in one of these anyway, coins get stuck to your skin
a long sleeve t shirt - the material is so flimsy, that it is hard to retrieve a coin without dropping. It wouldn't be recommended in any form of sleeving
a thin sweater or thin thermal shirt -same issue as a thin t shirt. I do this, cause I like to challenge myself, but I wouldn't recommend it to others.
a white dress shirt - As Dominic mentioned above, if you can see through the material of your shirt, then it would expose the birds. Thank you, sir. ummmm, Version 2 will be coated in invisible ink, but the price will triple... just kidding.
sleeveless shirts - well, actually - I take a minute to teach a method for using the Birds as a holdout and no sleeves are required! It may help some folks.

And thank you Saturn for discussing UK coin sizes! Over all, thank you for everyone's support, if you can't tell, I'm really excited about the project!



Ask away here, but also Luke Dancy with Murphy's is going to do a live Q n A on August 8th, pre order shipping day!, at 2pm CST on Facebook.




* authentic wizard garb with sleeve openings larger than say 12 inches may not work. something like Losander's will work fine. lol

Thanks good info
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Question for Dominic and Mark, what one would you recommend out of blackbird and secret servante I will buy one but not sure which is better one?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2463 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Secret Servante is more versatile in that you can produce and ditch with it, with both you can show hands empty before the production and you generally need a jacket with Secret Servante.

Nothing has been held back with Blackbird so it's really your choice as to which will suit you best and how many coins you want to produce.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
What Mark said Smile
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of jamo425
I personally plan on using secret servante and BB together. Since they don't interfere with each other whatsoever, why not have the extra option?

There's other options for ditching as well. I like using topit revolution or vertex is not bad either. I have them all, and each have their own advantages. But in a case like this, where you can combine all these ditching/retrieval options, it's a beautiful thing in my option. Gives you an opportunity to perform some really clean, really strong magic.



Anyway, I had a quick question about BB. I was wondering there might be a way to sleeve a coin into the BB? Seems like a small target I know, but is it possible? has anyone tried this?
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I'm getting into coins so I think I might splurge for blackbird and Alakazam are giving away ag47 coin DVD if you offer it - bonus!! I think I'm sold.

Now all I need is to learn a CP Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, jamo425 wrote:


Anyway, I had a quick question about BB. I was wondering there might be a way to sleeve a coin into the BB? Seems like a small target I know, but is it possible? has anyone tried this?

Only if your a jedi knoight lol
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5147 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, jamo425 wrote:
I personally plan on using secret servante and BB together. Since they don't interfere with each other whatsoever, why not have the extra option?


I agree. I ordered BB already and already use Secret Servante as well as a Topit. Now add a jumbo coin holdout and Gregory Wilson's Bandwidth gimmick, I am afraid I won't fit in my jacket anymore. Going full on Batman Mode Smile

But on a serious note, I see no reason they wouldn't work great together.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
efrados
View Profile
Regular user
Montevideo, Uruguay
106 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, jamo425 wrote:


Anyway, I had a quick question about BB. I was wondering there might be a way to sleeve a coin into the BB? Seems like a small target I know, but is it possible? has anyone tried this?

Only if your a jedi knoight lol


You are not going to be able to do it at all BUT you can ditch the coins right after you are walking out of the table without anyone knowing that you are reseting for next table Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, jamo425 wrote:
I personally plan on using secret servante and BB together. Since they don't interfere with each other whatsoever, why not have the extra option?


I agree. I ordered BB already and already use Secret Servante as well as a Topit. Now add a jumbo coin holdout and Gregory Wilson's Bandwidth gimmick, I am afraid I won't fit in my jacket anymore. Going full on Batman Mode Smile

But on a serious note, I see no reason they wouldn't work great together.

Ha ha, your jacket sounds like mine proper inspektor gadget stuff if I ever get arested and searchd therell wonder whats going on!
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
413 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
I already have Secret Servante and use it but to have the added benefit of the Blackbird is an added bonus. I have also pre-ordered this and looking forward to all the routines I can conjure up. Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5147 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Ha ha, your jacket sounds like mine proper inspektor gadget stuff if I ever get arested and searchd therell wonder whats going on!


I can also put my TKO 2.0 in my shirt and get a Sleeve Star gimmick for the jacket. I think I am invisoning a cross between Carrot Top and Sylvester the Jester. I've got a feeling that "Hoarders" is gonna call me one day for a "magic episode".

Question for BrotherJeffrey though. Do you plan on selling individual parts (as replacements, extras...) where you could add a "third coin" (if you only wanted one more coin holder part) or a replacement band, extra insert (if you maybe lost one).

Just wondering. I pre-ordered a set but would maybe go with one or two holdouts extra without having to buy another whole set. Also, will the holdout accomadate an expanded shell over a coin? (On the trailer it "looks" like there may be a possibility). Thanks Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Ha ha, your jacket sounds like mine proper inspektor gadget stuff if I ever get arested and searchd therell wonder whats going on!


I can also put my TKO 2.0 in my shirt and get a Sleeve Star gimmick for the jacket. I think I am invisoning a cross between Carrot Top and Sylvester the Jester. I've got a feeling that "Hoarders" is gonna call me one day for a "magic episode".

Question for BrotherJeffrey though. Do you plan on selling individual parts (as replacements, extras...) where you could add a "third coin" (if you only wanted one more coin holder part) or a replacement band, extra insert (if you maybe lost one).

Just wondering. I pre-ordered a set but would maybe go with one or two holdouts extra without having to buy another whole set. Also, will the holdout accomadate an expanded shell over a coin? (On the trailer it "looks" like there may be a possibility). Thanks Smile




Ha ha, if you make all those tools work in concert, that sounds like some hard hitting stuff. I'd love to see your routines.

Answers: As of right now there are no individual parts for sale. You get the complete kit with 2 Birds and goodies. If you take care of them, they should last a long time. I give tips in the video and on a troubleshooting pdf how to maintain and prevent potential issues. The birds attach via velcro, so you can stick more than one on an armband or wear extra armbands on the biceps or get creative, I teach a few ways.

As far as standard expanded shell, maybe. If it's precision made, but there was no focus on this because it is hard to keep a gaff like that nested in a sleeve anyway. The other types of gaffs with thin coins and magnets may work better, but it's just going to depend on your coins. BB is modifiable, some mods are safe, like making a quarter work. Because it's plastic you can file it down, I'm just cautious to recommend that, actually I don't... but it could be done. it that's fair to say.

Great questions, Poof-Daddy and thank you, thank you all for the pre-orders!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
988 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I sat down with Jeff recently for an interview to chat all about Blackbird. Get the skinny on what this new release is all about from the man himself!

Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
988 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
In his original message Jason mentioned that we'd be doing a LIVE event on Facebook for Blackbird. The official event page is now set up so you can RSVP so you'll be notified when we go live next Monday at noon pacific time. Keep those questions coming guys!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1711439439116125/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (54 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL