The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Some of you may or may not have run into Jeff Copeland at various conventions showing his latest creation, The Blackbird. Those of you that have seen it first hand, understand what a powerful tool it can be and moreover, how it will forever change the game of sleeving, as elegantly stated by Justin Miller.

What started as a simple concept back in 2013, when Jeff and I met, has become something that has been lacking in the field of sleeving since its inception. Sleeving has the same powerful element working for it... and against it.... gravity. Jeff and I worked for over 2 years to break the laws of gravity in sleeving and allow you to hold out almost any coin in existence, until the moment you need it. No more holding your arms up to keep coins in place.

Wave your arms, shoot basketball or do jumping jacks, the Blackbird is going to hold your coin in your sleeve until you unlock it and deploy. To see a play by play of how it works and looks check the demo video below:

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=54204

Jeff has devised some great routines that are included with the Blackbird, yet I'm sure you guys are going to find infinite ways to use it for yourselves.

Jeff had some bold ideas about how the Blackbird should work and the Murphy's production team was able to help bring it to life. We commend Jeff on his vision and tenacity.

We sent some advance copies to select coin pros:

"I'm giddy over these! Blackbird opens doors to techniques and methods in an area that's pretty limited." – Brandon Wolf

"Where has this been all my life? Coin magic can shatter the glass ceiling with a utility device like BlackBird!" - Eric Jones

"Quality, efficiency, confidence. I will use this to secretly organize my props in and outside of my performances. Thank you!" - Garrett Thomas

"You have changed the game. You have taken the fear out of sleeving." - Justin Miller

Hope you like it as much as we had making it a reality.

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=54204

ALSO :

On Aug 8th, Luke Dancy will be hosting a Facebook LIVE event and Jeff has agreed to be active on our page during that time answering questions in real time. See it live at: https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSupplies
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
So excited about this one, as well!

Jeff Copeland proved himself with the Traveler - and we are 100% behind this new project!
Again with 3+ hours of AWESOME training, this utility is virtually for everyone with an interest in coin magic.

Preorder now at http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/blac......opeland/

Free shipping in the U.S.!
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
This is now up at MJM Magic with some bonus reward points too. I think it looks fantastic and just put my order in.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-22661.html

I asked Brandi at MJM when this is being released and they said August 8th.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
For UK customer we have it listed here with free shipping option, if coins are your thing or you want an easy way to get started you will love this.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Thank you so much for this video. It clearly shows what the product is, how we would use it and why we would want it. As an amateur the price is a little higher than what I usually buy -- but this is so honest I feel it is well worth it and look forward to buying one. Smile
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
We got a chance to talk to Jeff about Blackbird at Magi Fest and did a very informative Q&A about it!

We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
It would be nice if the write-up included the smallest / largest forearm measurement that the band will allow.

While as per the ad copy this is "adaptable to almost all body types", that doesn't really help those of us on the outer boundaries that often find that phrase means "but probably not you." Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
It's like Jay Scott Berry's thing but taken up a few hundred notches.
Official Thread Killer
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
I will be ordering a set of these, but I was wondering if Jeff had tried to use 2 devices on each arm, or is that a none worker?
Does it draw too much attention to where the coins are coming from as you would need to pull your sleves up an extra 2 times to release the other coins. Just an idea.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
It's reassuring to see how excited the dealers all are about this.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Looks REALLY good. I can't wait to try this out and put it to the test on Monday.

MoM have it on the site now with free worldwide shipping from the UK with exclusive bonus content and tutorials here :

https://www.magicshop.co.uk/blackbird-gi......nd-trick

It's covered by MoM Care, so if you pre order it, you can take up to a whole year to decide if it's right for you... If not, just pop it back and choose something else instead.. See the site for details.

Blackbird is shipping out on Monday the 8th August.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I usually do not even entertain a ride on the "hype train", but the trailer (as I posted about in another thread) is so open and refreshing. I believe I will actually pre-order this item. I also look forward to the reviews (or review it myself) the routines when they are available.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Yes ! This is the trailer that I want to see . Perfect for what I need , a locking holder . If I want two coins produced from the same hand , can I just get two Blackbirfs and attach the two left gimmick both on the single strap ? It'll work perfect to my routine since I'll need four coins to be produced in this visual style .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
This is going to really clean up ALOT of routines. Instantly two ahead for a coins across, 3fly, coins thru table, coins to glass, purse frame.. list goes on. Even more so if you add an exp. sh**l to the mix. I think this'll be a game changer for sure. Really glad to see coin magic getting the upgrade it deserves.

Combine this with secret servante or topit revolution.. this is going to KILL. I'm already getting flooded with ideas. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy. Thank you jeff.
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
I appreciate this type of the trailers.
Soon will will order.
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
How is this better thans sleeving or dropping coins down the sleeve I don't get it?
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, Karl M wrote:
How is this better thans sleeving or dropping coins down the sleeve I don't get it?

the way the gimmick is designed allows you to produce a crow or a raven after your coin manipulation act
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Eh how does that one work then, I disnt think it was a bird harness as well,whats all that about?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Just a question, the description (and trailer) say this was designed with US dollar and Half dollar in mind. Then it says it will work with quarters and above.

Can someone please confirm if quarters work fine or are relatively small and not recommended with this device.

Overall, great trailer and product!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, ash2arani wrote:
Just a question, the description (and trailer) say this was designed with US dollar and Half dollar in mind. Then it says it will work with quarters and above.

Can someone please confirm if quarters work fine or are relatively small and not recommended with this device.

Overall, great trailer and product!

I believe the trailer mentioned inserts for smaller coins.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL