The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2016, Luke Dancy wrote:
In his original message Jason mentioned that we'd be doing a LIVE event on Facebook for Blackbird. The official event page is now set up so you can RSVP so you'll be notified when we go live next Monday at noon pacific time. Keep those questions coming guys!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1711439439116125/

Live Event starting in 20 minutes on Facebook, link via the link above. Stop by if you are seeing this now!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
You can catch the replay of yesterday's BLACKBIRD live event below to get all the details you've been looking for. Enjoy!

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Got mine in the mail today. Great packaging, very high quality device. will check out the vid and take it from there. I don't play with anything before watching the vids. You never know what you might break (just to find out it is exactly what they warn you about in the instructions). Looks simple enough, but I will still wait.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Well, I finished up all 3+ hours of the video. My brain hurts a little. Smile
The first part covers the care and feeding stuff. Then some arts and crafts if you want to tweak yours a bit but after all that he gets to some routines that incorporates the devices. They are very well taught and great routines. There is probably no way to get it all in one sitting but I plan on rewatching and marking times on my favorites that I want to go back to. Luckily the one with the ring and the coins that he teases in the trailer is one of the first (if not, the first) and I think it is well worth learning for now.

Hopefully, someone at Murphy's will post a "table of contents" of sorts with time stamps (if they have something like that in post) and post it here so we can get a reference. This is my biggest pet peeve about video/download over DVD.

Great tool, great instructions and fantastic routines. Worth every penny.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Ordered mine late last night bad thing to watch magic trailers at night when endulging in a single malt watch all the murphys stuff this morning cannot wait to get my Blackbird untility
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Well, I finished up all 3+ hours of the video. My brain hurts a little. Smile
The first part covers the care and feeding stuff. Then some arts and crafts if you want to tweak yours a bit but after all that he gets to some routines that incorporates the devices. They are very well taught and great routines. There is probably no way to get it all in one sitting but I plan on rewatching and marking times on my favorites that I want to go back to. Luckily the one with the ring and the coins that he teases in the trailer is one of the first (if not, the first) and I think it is well worth learning for now.

Hopefully, someone at Murphy's will post a "table of contents" of sorts with time stamps (if they have something like that in post) and post it here so we can get a reference. This is my biggest pet peeve about video/download over DVD.

Great tool, great instructions and fantastic routines. Worth every penny.

Just a heads up that on the instructional page there is a link to download a PDF with all of this information. Hope this helps!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I love sl**vin*, so best of luck to Jeff with his new "Black Bird," seems real interesting. Smile

Now, if someone could create something that once you sl**ve a coin, something stealth & portable like the awesome SS or this new BB here, that makes the coin stay up there if you want/need it to, and maybe even releases it "when" you need it as well… Now, that would be awesome! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks Luke, I actually watched it on my iPad mini and did not download or explore the page yet. I will grab that off my PC. It will be a great help.

Smile Smile
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, Stealthmode wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2016, Mb217 wrote:
I love sl**vin*, so best of luck to Jeff with his new "Black Bird," seems real interesting. Smile

Now, if someone could create something that once you sl**ve a coin, something stealth & portable like the awesome SS or this new BB here, that makes the coin stay up there if you want/need it to, and maybe even releases it "when" you need it as well… Now, that would be awesome! Smile

Good job you edited sleeving because after watching the video trailer which wholly exposes the gimmick and sleeving, you'll really save the secret!!

Totally unnecessary comment there Stealthmode. Not only that but very much uncalled for. If you have something valuable to say about the product which this thread is about; do so. In any case, congrats on the release Jeff! Hope I will be able to get mine next week!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Already put mine to the test and made believers out of a few fellow magicians at my magic club this week. Did the very simple version of "Ring Bling" and it really went over well. (Especially because I am fairly new to sleeving). I will say I did not find any "noise problem" at all. We were in the back banquet room of a not so busy restaurant so there was not even as much ambient noise as a "table hopper" would have. Also, a fellow magician who knew what I was going to do and watching angles close (for me) did not notice "when" I released them. I would have to say it holds up pretty well under fire.

Smile Smile
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 19, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Already put mine to the test and made believers out of a few fellow magicians at my magic club this week. Did the very simple version of "Ring Bling" and it really went over well. (Especially because I am fairly new to sleeving). I will say I did not find any "noise problem" at all. We were in the back banquet room of a not so busy restaurant so there was not even as much ambient noise as a "table hopper" would have. Also, a fellow magician who knew what I was going to do and watching angles close (for me) did not notice "when" I released them. I would have to say it holds up pretty well under fire.

Thanks Poof-Daddy. I just returned from Magic Live! and I believe that everyone there who saw it in action would agree with you. In my opinion, Blackbird allows the coins to come into play in the most natural and deceptive time.

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Will poker chips work with this?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
Will poker chips work with this?

If they are within the same specs as a Morgan Dollar they will. A little thicker or larger in circumference, they probably will not. I have a nice set in a metal case (for home games on the holidays) the chips are 11 or 14 grams (clay) IIRC and they are too large to fit in mine. Actually,they are just a hair bigger (in circumference) than the one ounce copper rounds which also do not fit.

Smile Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Good to know thanks
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Hey gang, I know some of you will see this on the Traveler thread, but I've got a new product coming out and two of the routines can use Blackbird to get ultra clean productions. I think this is the group of guys that need to know about what's going on.

The project is called Tresor.

https://shop.copelandcoins.com/products/tresor

Check it out and I hope someone will start a new thread and ask questions!

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Ill start a new thread for you mate ok
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff Copeland's Blackbird. A new sleeving era has arrived. (55 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL