The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » "Little Jeff" Ventriloquist dummy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nathann514
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nathann514
Hello. I read on a thread a while ago that the Little Jeff dummy was not advised to be used on stage in a professional sense due to its small size. However, would it work if you were a "street performer" or "strolling ventriloquist" so to speak?
nathann514
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nathann514
P.S. I'm contemplating on getting one; I just don't know how it is in terms of its size
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
They have stopped manufacturing them so you will have to find someone with them in stock or on the used market.

Regards
Rob.
nathann514
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nathann514
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2016, DrRob wrote:
They have stopped manufacturing them so you will have to find someone with them in stock or on the used market.

Regards
Rob.

Hi Rob. Actually the Jeff Dunham store has them listed as "In stock". So does Amazon.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
As I said some places have them but once their gone that's it.
I had to import mine over as I'm in the UK.
Have performed with it no problem and it's a bargain for what it does.

Kind regards
Rob
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
Nathann514,

Jeff has been using his "Little Jeff" figure on the biggestt stages in his road shows.I've seen him performed with it live on stage in Malaysia. so I think you can use this size puppet for many performance venues.
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21689 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The secret is using a spot light on items. Good lighting will make it stand out just fine.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
TheDummyDoctor
View Profile
New user
U S A
76 Posts

Profile of TheDummyDoctor
The issue of size has been raised: My response to that is that the figure I've used professionally on stage, on television, and in motion pictures for almost 40 years is not much larger than the "Little Jeff'" figure.
My advice is to _grab one_ while they are still available...they are actually relative bargain. In fact, when you factor in the currency inflation rate, the Little Jeff figure actually sells for WELL LESS THAN the Juro "Moving eyes Jerry Mahoney" dummy which was sold in American department stores in the early 1960s (retail price for that figure back in those days was approx US$40...believe it or not, that's actually the same as roughly $350 (or more) in 2016 dollars!
-------

Alan Semok, Ph.D (honoris causa)

THE DUMMY DOCTOR

Building Pro Vent Figures since 1966

web: www.AlanSemok.com/dummies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » "Little Jeff" Ventriloquist dummy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL