The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Hi there - first time post for me so be gentle!

I'm looking for what people think is the cleanest headline prediction - ie. an envelope is posted to a spectator days before a performance.

During the performance it' s opened and contains an accurate prediction of the day's newspaper headlines.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
Welcome Withnail!

I personally have tried out several versions, however my favourite is definately Ted Lesley's in ParaMiracles. Wonderful idea and really plays much larger than I had ever imagined!

Hunt the book down and you will discover another million gems within!

Best wishes,
Bryan
O Brien
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of O Brien
I don't do headline predictions regularly. I do like Lee Earle's take on it. It appears in one of his books (and I think it's in M.I.N.D.). I got it from an A-1 All Stars Video (#3 or 4, I think).
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I've done it with a cassette tape. They didn't know what it was, we locked it in a home fire safe a month before the performance. I always did this as my closer, there is nothing that you can follow this with, except of course hurling the headlines, which I always did.

Good luck!

Yours,

Paul
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
There are several great, bullet proof headline predictions. I have one version titled the $1000 Prediction (and is in my book). Write me at my paul@mindguy.com addy and I will send it to you or you can just read it in my book. AB Stagecraft also sells Jack Dean's version of the Koran headline prediction called "Banner" which is able to withstand scrutiny from your commitee beforehand (in case they try to check the prediction before the event) and is tamper proof if they do check it.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
Guys, Mr. Alberstat offer is very generous, especially because his stuff is usually REALLY good.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Thanks for the kind words. It is appreciated and I will share when asked. In fact my UK lectures in May will share some REAL work too.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Babymagician
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Babymagician
Get Earle's M.I.N.D has an excellent headline prediction effect.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
I performed this effect with a video cassette tape,with this effect I got the 3rd prize in mentalism in the Argentina competition in 2001 and another prize in the invention category (the one I made has the ability to perform a second prediction, too).
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Thanks again guys for all your sterling advice Smile

It IS really appreciated!
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1255 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Also check out Larry Becker's Clearly Predictable. It is on Stunners Plus and on one of his videos (I forget which one so here are the titles for both: Mental Masterpieces and Standing Ovation).
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of snushy
The best method I've found is using Allan Zingg's Theta Portfolio. It's expensive, but such a wonderful utility prop. It allows for you to send a package with multiple layers of envelopes, etc. The final envelope can be relatively large (I've always found the tiny size of some predictions troublesome), and you perform the switch indetectably and right under their noses.
I've been closing with this for some time now, and there's frankly no following it.
Hope this helps.
L. Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
fizbin
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of fizbin
I have to say that before I read Stunners, I used Dan Harlan's Headline prediction from his Pack small play big video series. If audience reaction is any test, this method plays extremely well.
"All For Wonder..."
Earle M. Kelley
http://www.fizbinentertainment.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL