The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Blackbird Coin Holdout (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
324 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Just watched the mini interview with Luke Dancy and Jeff Copeland right here on the Café...Yes, I am a table worker BUT does it really matter THAT MUCH (caps intentional) to walk over to a table empty handed? I mean really is it that necessary or is this just for the purists??
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
996 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
One of the benefits of ANY holdout system is to be able to introduce items anytime during your routine not just when you approach a table IMO. Blackbird will of course let you do this.

I'm not a purist. I'm a full time working magician. To answer is it necessary, I guess the answer is yes and no - it depends on you, and if you feel the holdout will strengthen your magic in the eyes of the spectators.

For example, one of my favourite routines is coins across. I used to perform this by simply removing the coins from a purse, doing the routine, and then putting them back afterwards. Now, I produce the 4 coins, then do my coins across, and finish by making them vanish one by one. I found this gets a much stronger reaction, which warrants the use of my holdout.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4960 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Hammered out a nice performance of "Ring Bling" at a magic luncheon today and fooled 5 fellow magicians badly. This has definitely passed the test for me. Simple props, fairly simple routine (well taught) very powerful magic. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
toneill
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of toneill
Could anyone comment if this fits Canadian loonies and toonies?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
A US half dollar is 30.6mm, a toonie is 28mm, and a loonie 26.5mm.

The Blackbird is built for half/full dollars, so that's what would fit best, without any modifications. But Jeff goes over how to adjust it if you want to hold coins that are a little smaller. So while it won't be as "perfect", you should be able to get it to work for the Canadian coins.
toneill
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of toneill
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
A US half dollar is 30.6mm, a toonie is 28mm, and a loonie 26.5mm.

The Blackbird is built for half/full dollars, so that's what would fit best, without any modifications. But Jeff goes over how to adjust it if you want to hold coins that are a little smaller. So while it won't be as "perfect", you should be able to get it to work for the Canadian coins.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Blackbird Coin Holdout (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL