The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Where to buy flash paper (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Hello!
I have had a little search on a few more mainstream sites like EBay e.t.c and I didn't find any flash paper that I thought was good value. Do any of you buy flash paper and if so, where from.
Thanks!
RH
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Rory,

Try Denny and Lee Magic. I'm sure there are others, but I've always bought mine here. It helps that I have one of the two shops here in town, but you can order online here: http://dennymagic.com/store/catalogsearc......sh+paper

Cheers!

Mike
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Thank you so much! Would you say that that is about the average price?
Best,
RH
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
To be honest, it's the only place I've ever bought from, so I don't have a measure for comparison. I'd say it's definitely a fair price though, considering the sheets are standard paper size. That's a lot of flash for a little cash! Smile
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Flashpaper etc. are not materials to buy from unknown sellers on EBay.
Buy from a well known retailer, you can trust.
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
People tell me http://www.worldmagicshop.com is a good place, although I'm yet to order from it. Maybe it'll work for you.
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, john wills wrote:
Flashpaper etc. are not materials to buy from unknown sellers on EBay.
Buy from a well known retailer, you can trust.

that's what I was thinking, thank you. I've had some eBay horror stories, believe me!
Very best,
RH
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1431 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I use penguin. If your good with chemicals you can make your own
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
I use penguin. If your good with chemicals you can make your own

Do you make your own? Is it dangerous?
Thanks!
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Don't even think of making your own flash paper.Its very dangerous and several magician's have died trying to make their own.
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, DonDriver wrote:
Don't even think of making your own flash paper.Its very dangerous and several magician's have died trying to make their own.

Yeah... I think I'll stay way from that one then!
Thanks for telling me before I set myself on fire!
Very best,
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1431 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
No I don't make my own. That's why I said if you are good with chemicals. You need to have a solid understanding of chemistry and how to work in a lab
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1548 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I'm a chemist (pharmaceutical) and I wouldn't think of attempting it.
Ihor
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, Ihop wrote:
I'm a chemist (pharmaceutical) and I wouldn't think of attempting it.

Thanks! You know, this is starting to sound like a very bad plan...
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
John wills is right, its not the best idea to purchase flash paper from unknown sources on EBay
I usually get mine from my local magic store.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1302 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Seeing as your location is in the UK try,
http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/ These guy are a great bricks and morta shop but some times there stock levels can be a issue.
http://www.worldmagicshop.com/ I have only used these a few times but all is good.
http://www.internationalmagic.com/ Only brougth from there shop but I only have good things to say.
https://www.magicbox.uk.com/ When living in the UK I started to use these guys alot. Great range and great customer service.

All these opinions are my own and I left the UK 6 years ago.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Kleberdexter
View Profile
New user
Brazil
68 Posts

Profile of Kleberdexter
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, DonDriver wrote:
Don't even think of making your own flash paper.Its very dangerous and several magician's have died trying to make their own.

I was thinking that flash paper is expensive, but after your post, I think the price is ok.
Ididnt know that making flash paper was to dangerous.
Just for curiosity. The danger is about the process or about the checmicals?
Thanks for the advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Where to buy flash paper (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL