The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John George's Perfect ESP (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Where can I find John George's Perfect ESP? Thanks.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
An effect with that title is demonstrated and taught on the first of Nardi's "Unexpected" dvd's. I do not recall whether the effect was attributed to John George or anyone else.

George
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of Waters.
I am not sure, but I think these are different effects/methods.
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
790 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Without naming names, I just came across a post on Facebook by a different mentalist who claims that he not only invented this, but actually released it (through Lybrary) several years ago. I have no further information, other than the fact that this was stated.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3321 Posts

Profile of Looch
Looking at that video, it looks like a Dave Humphires effect from Submodalities. I think it was called 'Jazz Mentalism' or something similar.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2017, Looch wrote:
Looking at that video, it looks like a Dave Humphires effect from Submodalities. I think it was called 'Jazz Mentalism' or something similar.

It is a variation, although independent conceived, of Hen Fetsch's Symbologic, the handling is a little different as it the something. I like this handling, it seems very fair, but prefer Symbologic for the ease of the ending.

He gives credit to those who came before him, he learned of them via Max Maven and discusses this at the beginning of the video.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2017, Looch wrote:

It is a variation, although independent conceived, of Hen Fetsch's Symbologic, the handling is a little different as it the something. I like this handling, it seems very fair, but prefer Symbologic for the ease of the ending.

He gives credit to those who came before him, he learned of them via Max Maven and discusses this at the beginning of the video.

Tony: Thanks for this. This is what I thought. I appreciate you commenting.

Looch: Dave’s approaches perfection. It is certainly in rarified air, along with your Zener routine.
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3350 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I've really enjoyed using Jazz Mentalism (with a turnover pass instead of the BD) and I'll probably continue to use it, however Beyond Perfect ESP is a welcome alternative. It makes the ending even cleaner - no displacement, albeit with a small tradeoff.

It's definitely worth having in the arsenal, especially for people who may have seen one of the other handlings.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2116 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I have for more than a decade performed the Spelmann/Nardi "Perfect ESP", followed by my own "Bob's Your Uncle"
(from Mindsights). Both effects have ultra-clean handlings, use only ten ungaffed Zener cards, and are fully impromptu.

I perform this in three phases: "Perfect ESP", in which I demonstrate that I can match all the symbols, "Bob's Your Uncle", in which the participant achieves the same goal, and a repeat of "Bob's Your Uncle" with the cards face down, with the participant successfully matching the symbols yet again.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3695 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
586 Posts

Profile of ed wood
So does this method dispense of the bottom deal?
I've always struggled with this aspect of Jazz mentalism.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3695 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes (both Smile )! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3350 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
That's a nice variation too, thanks Jan.
I've been using that right/left thing for the last two cards for a while, I think I learned it from the Card Shark DVD?

I think it works great for Beyond Perfect ESP too, for the cases where there's a discrepancy on the last two cards. After they are dealt, you and the participant both pick up the top two cards, etc.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
[quote]On Nov 21, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
Without naming names, I just came across a post on Facebook by a different mentalist who claims that he not only invented this, but actually released it (through Lybrary) several years ago. I have no further information, other than the fact that this was stated

“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2017, JanForster wrote:
Yes (both Smile )! Jan

Your ESP routine is wonderful! I remember learning this last year! It's amazing!
Jan forster for another penguin lecture!!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » John George's Perfect ESP (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL