The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Putting up a production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asianichele_mjol
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of asianichele_mjol
I'm not sure where I am posting to but I will continue anyways:
I am president of a magic club in Suwanee, Ga, and I am currently in my senior year. I think that an excellent idea would be to put on a production in my schools auditorium to "leave a legacy" before I go onto college. We have done performances for our school during pep rally's and intermission acts and are quite comfortable with crowds. However, I am the leading gear in this club and many of the other members are either unmotivated or uninterested in many of our clubs activities, so I end up performing at most of the shows. We have a great reputation at our school and I think the general mass would be pumped for a show, but before Introduce an idea, I want to make sure that I am not in over my head with the logistics. Just wondering if anyone has experience/advice that would help, as that would be amazing. Thanks so much
Foole4Hire
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Foole4Hire
May I suggest creating a swap meet/stage magic competition? Use the magic competition as a vehicle for auditioning acts and even awarding spots in the program. If no one competes -- as sad as that may be -- you won't have a show (but for you) and may know the sad future of your club, too.

It sounds like you have the wherewithal to find technical support. You just need a way to up the game of your members.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Perhaps you could volunteer to help organize a school-wide talent show, and include a number of magic acts. "America's Got Talent" is tremendously successful and features a lot of magic, but has other acts as well to broaden audience appeal. That might be an easier school tradition to sustain after you leave. You could ask people to bring a donation for the local food shelf as the price of admission, and make it into an event that raises support for people in need while entertaining and giving students performance experience.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was "surfing" this AM, and landed here by "accident".

First! OP!!! That is "some handle" you picked!!!

I agree with Doug's suggestion! There is probably more latent talent than you know exists! I'm sure that you realize it is wise to discuss the potential show with your advisers and/or school administrators, and get their permission and cooperation, before you start any "serious" planning.

Also, it would be wise to coordinate with those who "operate" the local food pantry. (They usually prefer "canned" food items. --Perishables are not very practical.)

Keep the total program SIMPLE, and FUN for performers, and audience!

You will gain experience in planning, organizing, and coordinating! --plus PERFORMING!

Break a leg!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Putting up a production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL