The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank Night Help (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Kahn
View Profile
Special user
Clayton, NC
771 Posts

Profile of Scott Kahn
Friends,
I'm looking to rework my 5 envelope bank night. I'm looking to change my routine by placing different words on each envelope under the guise of influencing choices. I prefer to stay away from words from John Archers Blank Night. Can anyone help?
Scott Kahn, M.D.

KAHNCEPTUAL CARD MAGIC: MORE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnceptual-card-magic/

KAHNJURING: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES WITH PLAYING CARDS
https://kahnjuring.com/kahnjuring/

SWINDLES, SCAMS & KAHNS
https://kahnjuring.com/swindles-scams-kahns/
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2277 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
I'd suggest typing "influence" into a thesaurus.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
I have made my own version of a 8 card brainwave.
I don't use playing cards but cards with symbols on them.

These are the symbols/words I use, maybe it can help you:

Stairs - Ambition.
Bird - Freedom.
Globe - Travel.
Book - Knowledge.
Lighthouse - Hope.
Tree - Health.
Hourglass - Time.
Present/gift - Take live as it is.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
There are playful choices like This, That, The Other, Empty, Sure Thing, Just Don't, Botulism (or any other undesirable thing), Too Good, etc.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
I recently did use one with Movie Titles on it, each title represents a certain movie area, and, depending on the audience you could use some funny lines or use some explanations like: " you see, Friday the 13th is nearly never choosen as everybody is afraid of it, that is why I did put the grand price into this envelope", or "i knew you would choose Pretty Woman, as you strike me as a romantic person" - you could also put some notes with some nice lines in the envelope, or do a "reading" based on what they chose. Here some Movies I used:

Friday the 13th
Pretty Woman
Raiders of the lost Ark
Finding Nemo
Star Wars
Forest Gump

Of course, there are many more available and maybe need to be adjusted depending on the audience.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
632 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2016, Beltorak wrote:
I recently did use one with Movie Titles on it, each title represents a certain movie area, and, depending on the audience you could use some funny lines or use some explanations like: " you see, Friday the 13th is nearly never choosen as everybody is afraid of it, that is why I did put the grand price into this envelope", or "i knew you would choose Pretty Woman, as you strike me as a romantic person" - you could also put some notes with some nice lines in the envelope, or do a "reading" based on what they chose. Here some Movies I used:

Friday the 13th
Pretty Woman
Raiders of the lost Ark
Finding Nemo
Star Wars
Forest Gump

Of course, there are many more available and maybe need to be adjusted depending on the audience.

That's a good one!
Thanks for sharing with us; do we have permission to use it?

:-)
SENSIOPAD - Finest Peeking Technology

K N O C K O U T M E N T A L I S M . C O M
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Smile thank you Smile of course you can use it. I got some great reactions out of it, as Movies and TV Shows are topics that most people can relate to it very easily
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Great idea Beltorak! Giving a reading out of a movie choice is something I might definitely try, it's a nice subtlety. Cheers
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I love this.. working on my version of catch 33 anyone tell me the right size of envelopes to order?
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
476 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2016, Mike Ince wrote:
There are playful choices like This, That, The Other, Empty, Sure Thing, Just Don't, Botulism (or any other undesirable thing), Too Good, etc.

I used this very idea of "possessive" words before for a bank nite routine for years--Here, There, His, Hers, Mine, Theirs, etc. I used different-colored balloons instead of envelopes and had the words written on the balloons in large letters. Burst each balloon as it is selected, with the final one burst to reveal the hidden $100 bill or whatever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank Night Help (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL