The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Master Dragon Sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have long admired the classics of magic and grew up performing many of them over the years. As I moved into mentalism and bizarre, I let my gaze shift to other artefacts and arcana, but recently a wonderful new version of an old classic appeared on Facebook, and I was immediately entranced. Dan Frecks of Handcrafted Miracles has created a set of Chinese Sticks that he calls The Master Dragon Sticks:

http://www.handcraftedmiracles.com

These looked spectacular and the initial pictures showed them in a specially made wooden case, as well as additional features I had not seen before. I acquired a set from Dan and they arrived last week. I was not disappointed. The sticks are exquisitely made of wood and when aligned side by side feature a dragon design that wends its way across both of them. The design comprises a new mechanism that allows for more control, less incline, and the ability to stop and start the movement. There are coloured silk tassels and some extras that make for a mid routine comedy moment and a superb finish to the routine.

The craftsmanship is excellent, with no detail left behind. The sticks fit snugly in the box, which is adorned with a great dragon and tiger etching.

These are highly recommended. I have written a short blog on magic's fascination with the Far East and have posted some pictures here:

http://www.todd-landman.com/orientalism-......version/

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Emilio5639
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of Emilio5639
Thanks for the post, I'm interested in them as well, but the price is holding me back for now.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Thank you for the kind review Todd, we are honored that you have chosen to use them. I hope they exceed your expectations. Is you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate, we are always eager to help or improve.

Best regards,
Dan

Quote:
On Aug 7, 2016, DrTodd wrote:
I have long admired the classics of magic and grew up performing many of them over the years. As I moved into mentalism and bizarre, I let my gaze shift to other artefacts and arcana, but recently a wonderful new version of an old classic appeared on Facebook, and I was immediately entranced. Dan Frecks of Handcrafted Miracles has created a set of Chinese Sticks that he calls The Master Dragon Sticks:

http://www.handcraftedmiracles.com

These looked spectacular and the initial pictures showed them in a specially made wooden case, as well as additional features I had not seen before. I acquired a set from Dan and they arrived last week. I was not disappointed. The sticks are exquisitely made of wood and when aligned side by side feature a dragon design that wends its way across both of them. The design comprises a new mechanism that allows for more control, less incline, and the ability to stop and start the movement. There are coloured silk tassels and some extras that make for a mid routine comedy moment and a superb finish to the routine.

The craftsmanship is excellent, with no detail left behind. The sticks fit snugly in the box, which is adorned with a great dragon and tiger etching.

These are highly recommended. I have written a short blog on magic's fascination with the Far East and have posted some pictures here:

http://www.todd-landman.com/orientalism-......version/

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Hi Emelio. I am truly sorry that these are out of your price reach. We do everything we can to keep prices as low as possible. We are certainly not in this to gouge our fellow magicians. These sets take more hours than you would probably believe even if I told you. We are a father and son company and every piece us made from scratch in our workshop. I even hand wrap each tassel to assure perfect weight.

These sets are of the same caliber I have previously charged up to $1,200 for when doing one of custom work.

I just wanted to let you know that I hear you regarding the pricing and let you know that we really are trying to keep our creations as affordable as possible without sacrificing quality.

We are trying to bring the quality normally associated with high end custom shop work and make it available to working magicians like myself

Quote:
On Aug 7, 2016, Emilio5639 wrote:
Thanks for the post, I'm interested in them as well, but the price is holding me back for now.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
These are super nice. When I first saw them I thought they were a very good value for the quality. There are just a handfull of people out there that want or need something that's made this well. This type of work is built for a niche market. These items are built in small batches by small builders. Small builders cant afford to build large runs for future inventory. Many times an item like this is retired so the builder can move on to the next project. I would imagine that todays price will sound like a bargain in the near future. Cant wait to see what Dan makes next.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I have 2 sets from the second run if you are looking to get these. Never opened in box. Super nice piece. Think Dan is doing more soon but I have them now.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
Out of curiosity, is there anything that makes the second run any different from the first? They are beautiful!!!
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
My apologies. Second RUN, not edition. Looks like 4th run is in production? Wow!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Master Dragon Sticks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL