The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Hope I am not asking an offensive question, but I wanted to get an idea of what a beginner's 30 minute stage routine would consist of. How to sequence effects, etc.
I have an idea for a dancing cane and floating glasses opening routine and would also like to use Mayne's Voodoo Box.

Any thoughts, advice, and or curses would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
A Stage routine 30 minutes does not allow for a lot.

After Studing Jim Snack's material, the following modified routine might server your purpose, but to do it right it would be more than 30 minutes so you might want to leave out the production of your assistant.

Illusion Show Routine Format
  • Opening Illusion: Flash Appearance, Portal, Fire/Lighting/Fog/Sound Effects
  • Establishing Image: Fast-Paced, Magical, Flash, Colorful, Animal Production (Rabbit)
  • Production 0f Assistant Illusion: Crystal Box
  • Illusion with Assistant: Mismade Lady, Ziz-Zag, Saw-in-Half
  • Trademark Routine: Expose Your Personality to the Audience (A talking routine that is YOU and Your's Alone)
  • Novelty Illusion: Twister, Mismade Lady, Some Illusion that is funny
  • Audience Participation: Wiz-Kote, ProViper II, Head Chopper, French Arm Chopper, Visible Sawing-in-Half
  • Featured Levitation Illusion: Gamalo Levitation, Sword Suspension, 3-in-1 Levitation
  • Audience Danger Participation: Wiz-Kote, ProViper II, Head Chopper, French Arm Chopper, Visible Sawing-in-Half
  • Closing Illusion: Some Very Powerful Closing New Routine Leaving the Audience something to talk about on their drive home.

A Shorter version would look like this:

Illusion Show Short Routine Format
  • Opening Illusion: Flash Appearance, Portal, Fire/Lighting/Fog/Sound Effects
  • Trademark Routine: Expose Your Personality to the Audience (Either a talking routine that is YOU and Your's Alone, or a routine done with music.)
  • Novelty Illusion: Twister, Mismade Lady, Some Illusion that is funny
  • Audience Participation: Wiz-Kote, ProViper II, Head Chopper, French Arm Chopper, Visible Sawing-in-Half
  • Featured Levitation Illusion: Gamalo Levitation, Sword Suspension, 3-in-1 Levitation
  • Audience Danger Participation: Wiz-Kote, ProViper II, Head Chopper, French Arm Chopper, Visible Sawing-in-Half
  • Closing Illusion: Some Very Powerful Closing New Routine Leaving the Audience something to talk about on their drive home.
Dennis Michael
Magicfingerz
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magicfingerz
Is Macdonalds aces a good closer effect?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Macdonalds aces is a good routine. We use a similar effect to open our second act with. I'm not sure you would close with it, but it is possible.

However, it won't go over too well without a good video camera, minimum of one good projector, (not a 900 lumens projector out of your dads home theatre either), preferably two projectors, and good lighting for the effect. Withoutany of the above, it won't go over well on stage.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Mcdonalds Ace's is close up not stage.
Kyle
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kyle....If one does what I just described then it can play on the biggest of stages. I know we do it every show.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
McDonald's Aces on stage with cameras and Projectors. Haven't I seen that before?

I think it's hilarious that out of the millions of beautiful card tricks, this is the one that is so often copied and put on stage with the excuse that "the story is different."
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
Get the Osborne book Illusion Planning...It has more info on your questions. It can be found in the Easy Build Illusion book.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for that Den! It sums it up quite well! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL