The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Carfobulation - Free trick (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Last week I started a blog to give away magic I have created for free; www.magikarma.com The trick I posted was really well received and I already have a couple of cool contributions for the future, so I thought I would keep at it.

This week's free trick is called carfobulation; and it is basically a confabulation type routine, based around them choosing a "dream car" and it uses prop you may already own, but in a very different way, so you get two tricks out of one prop.
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
Just read through this and I like it. It's a fun take on the confab idea, similar to a recent retail-themed release but, in my opinion, a nicer use of the principal. Instead of just the one piece of information, this one has multiple impossibly-known bits. Also, one can't ignore that the marketed one is $60 and this is not.

Another generous release, Paul. Thanks a lot!

~Dave
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
This is an excellent idea. Very creative!
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very novel way of using the RF. Thanks for sharing ,
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Thanks for the kind comments; I am so pleased my idea is of some value to you. It really does get great reactions and if you buy them in bulk; it makes a novel give away. I've only given a very basic presentation but you could definitely dress it up a lot more than I have written in the explanation.

Check out the first trick as well if you missed it http://www.magikarma.com/?p=115
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thank you
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Played around with something similar myself but have to say this is really good. You've nailed it and for free. What a great giveaway. Don't look over this people.
Joel.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sneaky! Very cool idea!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Both of these are fantastic effects, Paul! Thank You Very much for sharing.

Car valet services use such a prop too which brings to me a humorous idea for the effect.

Your write up about giving magic away is also quite excellent and I enjoyed your point of view.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

THanks EZrhythm; glad you enjoyed them.
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Very generous Paul.
Thank you.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Thanks so much Paul! Love this and hope you continue.

Your carfobulation is AWESOME! !!

I love this!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
My first visit to your website, and I'm really impressed. Great contribution to our art. Smile
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Thanks everyone. I'm really pleased people are getting something from the site and I'd like to think getting something for free that isn't a pile of rubbish or a blatant rip off, is a refreshing change.

I aim to carry this on as long as I can with a trick a week plus either a review or a sleight explanation in the middle of the week. However; I will at some point run out of material and so if any one has an original trick they'd like to contribute (with full credit to the creator of course); either for the love of sharing your creation with the community or in exchange for promoting something or a link to a site or a link to a new trick; that'd be great and we can hopefully create a place where magicians can go,to learn magic without having to pay all the time.

Thanks again
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
This is so freaking awesome!!
Now, whenever I get a notification that a new posting to the blog occurs, I get excited and read it right away! I almost crashed on I95 reading the latest post about Magic phone Apps!
Just kidding!

But I am truly loving this, and I HIGHLY encourage everyone to check it out.

Brilliant ideas! Paul takes effects that are great on their own. And expands on them, to make them even more effective, and in my opinion, more FUN!

It's gentleman like Paul that makes me appreciate the Café' and gets me excited that I am fortunate to be able to be a part of magic.

Wish I could meet Paul in person to give him a big hug!!!

Where are you from Paul? England, correct? Man, I wish I could meet you!!!

Either way, thanks to the internet, you are sharing some great things for us, and we really appreciate it my friend.
If you ever do come to the Washington D.C. area, please let me know. I can predict with 100% accuracy that Dinner is on me for sure!
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Wow; thanks Mike Newman. I think you have summed me up. I take ideas (usually very old ones) and add my own touches / expansions. I think the magic world moves forward like this on the whole, but I don't think selling ideas like this would be fair (incremental changes). I think magic for sale should be reserved for the bigger leaps forward, or the stuff with a gimmick. Hence giving it away where others package it up as a $15 download.

This is the weird and unlucky bit Mike. I am indeed from the UK, but get this; I literally returned from a 4 day trip to Washington DC on the Sunday the 14th August. 4 mental days of solid walking, but the things we saw were amazing. I love the history and the national pride. Not to mention seeing the Washington monument and the declaration of independence was absolutely brilliant. I loved the place.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

I've just uploaded this week's trick; www.magikarma.com
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Another excellent idea.

And love how others are chiming in aswell.

If you haven't already checked this out, trust me, it's well worth a look.

And FREE! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Carfobulation - Free trick (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL