The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Book from Wesley James (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1179 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Claudio wrote:
I forgot to add: I bet Pablo's ebooks were big sellers!

It was a mixed bag. Some sold very well, others not so. The reason to pull them is usually not sales. Some authors want to limit access. Others want to rewrite or remove old writings with which they are not anymore completely happy with.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1947 Posts

Profile of Claudio
You are trying to make a point, but I think it's rather weak. I don't know the figures but I would bet that popular physical magic books go OOP more often than ebooks. Actually, many physical books that were OOP have found a new lease of life through digital format. Furthermore, it's dead easy, and costs nothing, to reverse a decision (as it as to be a decision to take an ebook off the market as you cannot possibly physically exhaust the number of copies) and get an ebook back into circulation.

I think you're doing a good job with your site and offerings and I am actually one of your customers, but I don't think you're going to scare many magicians into buying Wesley's book because it might go OOP. If it does, then too bad, though I am still considering getting it at a later date.

Now, if you're trying to revive interest in Wesley's book, I hope it's working and that people are buying it. It would also help to get a free sampler.

As SimonCard, I am very keen on reading a review, any review.
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2016, Claudio wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2016, Chris wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2016, Claudio wrote:
One of the great things about ebooks is that they don't go out of print.

This is incorrect. Some authors decide to unpublish their ebook after a while. Recent example is "Magnum Opossum" by John Hostler, which will be unpublished end of this year http://www.lybrary.com/magnum-opossum-p-880355.html
In this case you know when it will vanish, but in other cases ebooks are removed from distribution without prior notice. Happens all the time. Pablo Amira just sent me a list of ebooks he does not want to offer for retail anymore. So if you really want to read a title I would not necessarily wait too long.

I forgot to add: I bet Pablo's ebooks were big sellers!

Can you tell me what book are you referring here?
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
A free preview sample would really help.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1179 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Claudio wrote:
You are trying to make a point, but I think it's rather weak. I don't know the figures but I would bet that popular physical magic books go OOP more often than ebooks. Actually, many physical books that were OOP have found a new lease of life through digital format. Furthermore, it's dead easy, and costs nothing, to reverse a decision (as it as to be a decision to take an ebook off the market as you cannot possibly physically exhaust the number of copies) and get an ebook back into circulation.

I think you're doing a good job with your site and offerings and I am actually one of your customers, but I don't think you're going to scare many magicians into buying Wesley's book because it might go OOP. If it does, then too bad, though I am still considering getting it at a later date.

I am not trying to scare anybody. All I did was correct a misconception that ebooks never go 'out of print'. They sometimes do. That's all.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1947 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Chris wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Claudio wrote:

I am not trying to scare anybody. All I did was correct a misconception that ebooks never go 'out of print'. They sometimes do. That's all.

OK, fair point.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, magicfish wrote:
$60 not 60$

6$0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Book from Wesley James (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL