The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-ray vision (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
That question has already been answered a few posts above Geoff.

As for the "fingers" routine, I've not seen Derren's performance of this so I'm not sure of his specifics. However, the classic version of this effect is a Bruce Elliot creation titled "Finger! Finger!" There is an addition to this in the Phoenix Vol.1, pg.2 by Walter Gibson titled "NEW Finger! Finger!"

Worth checking out. I do know that Derren is not adverse to using this sort of method, so who knows.
Luke 21:25 - And there shall be signs in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Geoff Weber wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2016, Waters. wrote:
Richet's Folly- see any hidden piece of information hidden inside a locked box. The participant locks the box and it is umgimmicked!


Am I correct in understanding that this is an unpublished trick of yours?


Geoff, yes indeed. "Richet's Folly" will be published in a forthcoming release. I've PMed you.

Regards,

Sean
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
That question has already been answered a few posts above Geoff.

As for the "fingers" routine, I've not seen Derren's performance of this so I'm not sure of his specifics. However, the classic version of this effect is a Bruce Elliot creation titled "Finger! Finger!" There is an addition to this in the Phoenix Vol.1, pg.2 by Walter Gibson titled "NEW Finger! Finger!"

Worth checking out. I do know that Derren is not adverse to using this sort of method, so who knows.


It appears the Bruce Elliot/Dr. Van Deusen routine is in Jinx #65
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, Geoff Weber wrote:
It appears the Bruce Elliot/Dr. Van Deusen routine is in Jinx #65


Yes. I forgot to tack that on in my post.
Luke 21:25 - And there shall be signs in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
I just read "finger! finger!". It is a clever little thing, but its presentation is not really similar to Derren's; he deals with one participant that holds the amount in his/her pocket... Hmm
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Https://youtu.be/yUPA6AF20WY this is the link to the episode on YouTube, and while I doubt it is legally put there, you can check 15:30 - it is at that time that the routine starts. For me at least - a real stunner.
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-ray vision (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL