The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Madycap Boy by D'puck M'shra (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
Hey guys do drop your comment on my new launch and let me know thoughts on this.

||Madcap boy By D'puck M'shra ||

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMf-xHXM1LY&feature=youtu.be

Imagine Spectator signs a random selected card and place it into your cap, Just a shake and that sign card turns into a deck of card and appears in your other hand.

Piklumagic Presents "Madcap boy" is one of Dpuck's favorite creation till now which is |VISUAL |PRACTICAL |SUPER EASY to perform.

AVAILABLE HERE - http://piklumagic.com/tricks_Madcap-Boy_111
VANISS//CAPSOUL//WALLETRIX//NP-TECHNIQUE//More Coming Soon..//
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
523 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
I have seeen the method to this...it is very clever and very visual. I look forward to testing this soon! Congrats Dpuck!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just watched the download. First I will say D'Puck does a very good job in explaining everything you need to know to perform Madycap. If you wear a cap this is an effect that you can be ready to perform at any time during your set. There is a set-up but it will take a second or two. If you are performing walk around or strolling you will be able to walk from group to group and do the reset. There is one basic card sleight which D'Puck provides a detailed explanation on how to accomplish. It's not a difficult sleight. And there is only one other move that you will need to practice, again this is not a knuckle buster but you will want to practice it a few times to get it smooth. D'Puck also provides another way on how to help accomplish this move a little easier. Not that it's a difficult move to accomplish, everyone will be able to do it.

I would say the angles when performing Madycap would be mostly from a front view to almost 180 degrees. Do to the nature of the effect with the deck appearing in the hat you probably would only perform this for small groups anyway so everyone can see the deck appearing.

The important question (for me anyway) is Madycap practical? I would say yes, very practical! All you need is a cap and a deck of cards.

Overall, I think the price point is very good and well worth $6.95!

RNK
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Is it a normal cap?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, randyburtis wrote:
Is it a normal cap?

Yes. Any normal ball cap.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2786 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I aways use my cap for a card change DL changes in the Cap !
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
993 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
RNK give an excellent review. Ditto. This effect is highly visual, simple to perform and I would imagine be a sure fire practical hit with street magicians who obviously wear a cap. Very clever and well worth the download price.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I also got this, I was curious to see what the fuss was all about.

For the measley $6.95, you get a dropbox downloadable file, in which DPuck goes over everything you need to know about the effect, routine, presentation, and method.

The method is really really easy. A beginner can pick this up in no time as well, with a little bit of practice.

There is one move that you will need to know how to do, but this is taught in all the basic card books.

This is a great download with an easy method, that will allow you to focus on your presentation.

If you wear a ball cap, this is a great transposition effect that is highly visual, and your spectators will also agree.

Very easy, and something that is worth getting.

Great job DPuck, or MadCapBoy, jejejejejeejejejejeje

Thanks, and one effect that I will be performing when wearing a ball cap.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I also like this a lot. The method is very practical and can be set up in just a few seconds, so it's relatively impromptu. Easy to do as well, just some basic sleights. As someone who typically performs in casual environments, and wears hats often, this was a no brainer, especially at the price. If you like the visual moment of the effect, then you won't be disappointed with this effect. Nice work D'puck!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Here is my review:

Name: Madcapboy 

Video Length: 11:23 

Video format: MP4, Instant download 

Price: $6.95 

Video Quality: Great! 

What do you need? A normal baseball cap and a normal deck of cards. 

Do you end up clean? Yes. Everything can be examined at the end of the effect. 

Is it self-working? No, there is a couple of moves that you need to do. The moves are not hard, but you do need to practice to do them smoothly.If you are an experienced magician, there is a great chance that you already know the moves. 

Is it angle-sensitive? I would say about 180 degrees 

Can the moves apply to other tricks? Yes. They are basic moves for card magicians, so you can apply them to other effects.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Purchased and never relieved it. Anyone else had issues ?
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Received. Good cust service. Thank you! Will post my thoughts once I view this!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
So not much to add to the fine reviews above other than :
Recommended
Great video quality and clarity
An effect you will do live
Not a YouTube magic trick only
Priced fair
Smart idea taking advantage of normal object
No gimmicks
Signed selection, free choice
Within reach of all card handlers
Wide angles with minimal restrictions
Close up effect
Perform standing or sitting
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2422 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Do you have to gimmick the cap?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
They said no. Normal cap used.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3137 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
No gimmicks no and nothing to do with the cap as far as a gimmick. . In specific situations, very possible to borrow a cap and do this effect, it would be possible.
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
Thank you everyone for your words of appreciation Smile

I am sure I will have a 100% satisfaction ratio with this particular effect Smile
dpuck
View Profile
New user
India
72 Posts

Profile of dpuck
Its available on Penguinmagic too -

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7409
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
This is a really great trick. I did a review here: www.magikarma.com I am also offering the chance to win this trick (with D puck's permission)
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Just looked at this one. I know I'm a bit late to the party.

The reviews above pretty much cover everything. The only thing I will add is that this will not work with every hat. You need a hat which holds its shape well and has one specific feature (a feature which 99% of hats will have.)

DPuck does a great job teaching though and really covers everything very well. The video quality is great. The angles aren't terrible. Definitely not a 360 degrees effect, but no terrible angle issues.

All of this said, I won't be using this. It does require a set up which makes my hat look a little awkward on my head. This may not be a problem with everyone's hats, but mine looks a bit strange.

The biggest reason I won't be performing this is because Calen Morelli has a very similar two phase effect. His isn't a transposition as this is, but their card jumps to your hat and then the deck jumps to your hat leaving their card.

Not a bad product at all, especially at the price point it's at. I just prefer Calen's method to this.

Good work!
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Madycap Boy by D'puck M'shra (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL