The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Suzanne LIVE: Sunday Aug 21st @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Suzanne LIVE: Sunday Aug 21st @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) Being a restaurant magician SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7288

"Suzanne has a kind of cool, sweet authority that assures and audience that they are in the hands of a real pro." - Teller

"Suzanne is a force of nature, and the definition of a working performer who has 'walked the walk.' If you are serious about the performance of magic in the real world, listen to this woman." - David Regal

"Suzanne is one of my favorites performers for lay audiences. I'd listen to anything she has to to say about magic.....carefully!" - Eric Jones

"Suzanne has the amazing ability to let her audience shine and become the star. This is something rarely seen in magic and is a departure from the "look at me" style magic that we so often see. This is something to study and understand but also to enjoyed." - Brent Braun

As one of the foremost performers in Restaurant Magic, Suzanne will share with you many tips and tricks on how to get the resident performing positions. She has advice to give that can only come after decades of experience. She will also teach you some of her favorite effects that have helped her achieve success in her career.

Don't miss this exclusive evening of opportunities and playfulness with Suzanne!

What will she teach?
Blank Ambition: Suzanne's ambitious card routine using double blank cards and ends with the entire deck becoming real.

Card to Pocket: Suzanne's interpretation of Card to pocket. So much fun your audience will love it.

I Wish This Was MY Card: A card effect that shows children the power of wishing and fries adults in the process.

Do You Trust Me: Suzanne playfully cheats her audience ending with two cards changing in the spectators hands.

Science is weird: Suzanne puts this effect it into a child's hands. Using only a dinner napkin and a couple of coins she shows why she thinks science is weird.

CamoCash: Using Richard Sander's Extreme Burn, Suzanne offers people an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of her new Multi Level Market Scam... aah... err... Venture.

Who is she?
Audiences all over the country have been falling in love with Suzanne since 1985.

Her engaging style makes the audience an essential participant in her performance. Other respected professional magicians have called her "flawless" and "amazing". She is a favorite at Hollywood's famous Magic Castle, and in 2010, became the only woman to have been nominated and awarded the title of "Close-Up Magician of the Year" by The Academy of Magical Arts. To date, she is still the only woman to have held that title. Most recently she is one of the few magicians able to fool Penn and Teller on CW's hit TV show "Penn & Teller: Fool Us".

She was featured on the cover of the Genii Magazine, the Society of Magician’s M.U.M. magazine, and the International Brotherhood of Magician Linking Ring magazines.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Any reviews.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I think there are 2 or 3 up at Penguin now.
It is a pity so much of this was already on her dvd set which is great!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Only watched the fisrt bit so far,shes got a nice double get ready and good techniche for the top change
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of BCE
If she says "I know, right?" one more time, I am going to throw something at the computer screen. Please tell me this is only scripting and she doesn't talk like that in real life or in the rest of the lecture. First female magician for Penguin Live and I feel like I'm watching "2 Broke Girls" without the off-color jokes.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2016, BCE wrote:
If she says "I know, right?" one more time, I am going to throw something at the computer screen. Please tell me this is only scripting and she doesn't talk like that in real life or in the rest of the lecture. First female magician for Penguin Live and I feel like I'm watching "2 Broke Girls" without the off-color jokes.

I know, Right?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
805 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Quote:

Suzanne is incredibly smart, incredibly kind, and an incredibly talented magician. You, sir, need to chill the **** out. And if that's what you take from her work, well, you may have bigger problems than "I know, right?"
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:

I know, Right?

AMA Close up Magician Of The Year...Can you claim the same?
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2016, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:

I know, Right?

AMA Close up Magician Of The Year...Can you claim the same?

If you are aiming this question at me, and I assume you are as you quoted my response to the other poster, you are barking up the wrong tree. Mine was a sarcastic answer to his comment (which is why I quoted his comment). I have only seen her perform once. It was a Blank Ambition routine on Reel Magazine "Tuesday Night Tricks" and I personally thought she did a good job of it. I am not questioning her ability or putting her down in any way. I have not seen any of her work other than that to even try and form an opinion. You simply must have misinterpreted my response.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Then please accept my apologies. Suzanne does a great job with my Blank Ambition routine. Looking forward to seeing her penguin lecture.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of BCE
I respectfully stand by my criticism of her *scripting* for some of the material. If that comes across as "putting her down", as Poof-Daddy states, I'm sorry. I will state that the once the lecture got closer to the hour mark and she got into the kids magic and shared very valuable, practical, ready-to-implement guidance for restaurant magic....very helpful, very practical. My initial comments were certainly not reflective of that, and should anyone doubt the value of Suzanne's Penguin lecture, let me just say that you will want a pen and paper with you to take notes when you're watching because you WILL be taking notes. Should anyone have seen my initial comment as in any way reflective of Suzanne's Penuin lecture, don't be an idiot like I was -- there's a lot of very good stuff here. danaruns and corpmagi, I hope that clarifies where I stand on the matter.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
715 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Much nicer BCE ; )
Harry Patter
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Any more in the way of reviews? I have seen her do Blank Ambition on Reel Magic and really liked the routine and that has sparked my interest.

Specifically I'm interested in the Cards to Pocket routine.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1797 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Harry Patter wrote:
Any more in the way of reviews? I have seen her do Blank Ambition on Reel Magic and really liked the routine and that has sparked my interest.

Specifically I'm interested in the Cards to Pocket routine.

His ambitious routine comes pretty much directly move from move from Greg Wilsons pyrotechnic pasteboards and card to pocket routine is Carlyle homing card with Williamson ending. AMA winner or not, I would expect a lecturer to at least teach his own material or serious variations on already published material.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
MAJOR crediting issues with this one, I'm amazed Dan Harlan (who has a superb knowledge of magic and respects creators) didn't jump in. The blank deck she uses here is exactly the same routine as Greg Wilson's DVD from ten years ago. No credit. Homing card, not hers. No credit.

I was GOBSMACKED.
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
I believe women in magic should be encouraged not attacked, as is happening here. Well done Suzanne, keep it up.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
What does the fact that she's female or male have to do with it? Nothing. If you're suggesting she should receive special treatment BECAUSE she's female that's incredibly demeaning and sexist, why would you say something like that?
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1589 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, S-Branham wrote:
Do You Trust Me: Suzanne playfully cheats her audience ending with two cards changing in the spectators hands.

This is Eddie Fechter's "Be Honest, What Is It?" - again with absolutely zero crediting.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
I believe women in magic should be encouraged not attacked, as is happening here. Well done Suzanne, keep it up.

Encouraged to use others material without crediting?
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2016, Futureal wrote:
What does the fact that she's female or male have to do with it? Nothing. If you're suggesting she should receive special treatment BECAUSE she's female that's incredibly demeaning and sexist, why would you say something like that?

I can see why women are put off magic given the omnipresent alpha male behaviour in our community. I wasn't being sexist and demeaning at all, just giving Suzanne encouragement for doing well given the environment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Suzanne LIVE: Sunday Aug 21st @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL