The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hanging coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnage
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
40 Posts

Profile of karnage
Anyone ever did this for a real audience before? I'm thinkin the angles are kinda risky if you're not really level with them...
Any of you done this, and if so, what's your take on it, and any advice before I go out there and screw it up???

Thanks/Cheers/Whatever
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Hanging coins can work well if performed well, or it can be a total disaster (like everything) if not well thought out and rehearsed in advance. I suggest you do a search on the topic of hanging coins as it has generated previous discussions worth reading.

Aloha - Mitch
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Yes

Thanks/Cheers/Whatever to you too
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I rarely do Hanging Coins, and I only do it at home or at a friends home, in a family room, kitchen, or den type setting, and only for a small number of people (1-4). I'm not saying that it can't be done in other venues, for larger groups, I'm just saying that I don't do it that way. The angles for the edge grip are actually great, side to side. Just don't drop your hands below chin level, or raise them above eye level. I have found no way to personalize this routine, and I don't pull off a very good David Roth impersonation, so it's a rarity for me to do it.

-Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
It plays well on certain conditions...1)everyone must be seated...or 2)everyone needs to be standing. And yes, if you know your "edge grip"...it can be done above eye level for a few people.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hanging coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL