The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Oh, come on!!! That's just mean... I want this!!! Smile

Quote:
On Aug 22, 2016, Machina wrote:
After changing scripting to suit my own performance model and needs, I took this out to play. IT IS WILD! Being able to divine names and words with nothing written down is exhilarating. In my humble opinion, the mind is calculating on the spot and I would think that this will look like a mind reading process, which essentially it is.

Sure you can center tear or you can just do it for real.

This "is not for the magician who doesn't like rock n roll!" Corinda.
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Just ask Seamus to put up a preorder button so long. Or email him to get on some kind of mailing list.

I was just lucky enough to chat him when he first mentioned this.

It will take a tiny amount of work, tiny!, But it's all worth it.

Personalize this for you, multiple angles can be played here. Mind reader, psychic, psychological.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey everyone, Thanks for the interest, Here and on pm. I'm on holidays at the moment but while I'm away I'll be thinking about formats for releasing this. Please let me know if you have a preference. I'm also sharing this with a few people to get input and routines etc.
Everything Machina says about calibration is true.
Feep free to ask me any questions by pm, I might take a while to respond though as I'm in an Internet black spot here in southern Ireland.
I performed calibration yesterday to reveal a thought of animal, I used a reading as the reveal, explaining certain traits the person exhibited which would lead me to believe they chose a 'cow'. Haha, that was fun...
This was a totally free choice, no forces and totally propless.

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1241 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Im looking forward to getting my hands on this!

Kieran
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Did we forget to mention that there's no grey elephant, down the garden path with this?

It is what it's called: calibration. While you are synchronizing ie warming up you are getting the information.

BMF!
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
This is coming along so nicely now.
Loads of ideas coming out between us and a couple of mentalists I know.

I predict the time is soon.

magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
I'm looking forward to this! ... Any option for pre-order ?
Thank You Smile
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
I've asked Seamus to set up a pre order but he's on holiday I think.
Pm him maybe he has something set up.

Performed this today. I was in my shorts. Read: I had nothing else. Less than a minute later I got the name Dave. You have multiple ways of doing this, I prefer verbal and feel it is much stronger. I have used the other versions but I'm looking for one that suits my presentation style snugly.

With the confidence I've built up knowing the exact first and second letter using Calibration, I'm switching between this and Fraser Parker's/ Ross Tayler's work.

There are multiple versions to Calibration, so you can perform for one person and then another in the same group. Or you can do two people at once...

Yes, you read that right.

seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey everyone, Thanks for all the interest via pm and on here. I won't be doing a preorder right now And I am just looking into options for getting a book printed etc.
If you are interested you can drop ke a mail at admin@mindjester.com with calibration in the subject line. I'll keep you updated on how and when this will be released.
It's great to hear about the success folk are having with calibration. Once things settle down a little I hope to perform this over Skype for a handful of respected people within the community. This will help people make an informed choice about whether they want to purchase it or not.
Special thabks to Machina who has been putting a lot of time into Road testing this and also adapting it and making it suit his style. I also hope to get a performance video shot in the next few weeks Smile

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
Seamus just did it on me via Video-Chat, I Love it. It has no re-frame that might not pass skeptics, no truth tellers and liars that won't work with drunk people, it is just really well hidden "Classical" prop-less method with a new twist.
Woover
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
663 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Machina wrote:
My walkaround performance has mostly only one prop and the rest is up to my suggestion skills.

Dear Mr. Machina, I'm interested in learning more about your work
Have a nice day
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
OK so after talking Seamus's ear off and him mine, I think This is as good as it gets for now. And it is better than good, it's great!

Seamus has his way way of performing Calibration and me, mine. I've thrashed out every type of version I could think of as well as my buddy KJ Axell.

Name or word divination, pretty much any. The original and the current version both look like what one might imagine is the real thing. Not like an Xmen but more of really distilling a single thought. Once you crack the latest part ( it's pretty easy) you can do it multiple times for the same group. You can have serve it any way you like with impressions and readings, through thought reading.

There are no an@gr@#$%, tears or what have you. You can do it over the phone/ Skype etc. It will take some sharp thinking bout you will never regret it.

Let's not derail Seamus's freaking fantastic work: Calibration. Drop a pm Smile

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Maxyedid wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Machina wrote:
My walkaround performance has mostly only one prop and the rest is up to my suggestion skills.

Dear Mr. Machina, I'm interested in learning more about your work

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Quick update:
Seamus has added a few more great pieces to this.
I know some other methods go down a long winding road of moving from one thing to the next just to get to a single letter.
Calibration will have you pretty close to the name in under 45 seconds. No obscure processes, just pure and simple.

Letters of the name or descriptions of the person. Either way = you win.

seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Thanks Machina for the vote of confidence Smile
There are a few different ways of performing calibration as Machina mentioned. I used it today and gave the spectator a completely free choice of word. Absolutely no restrictions. They wrote nothing down and after less than a minute I was revealing the word.

I'm still looking into options for releasing this. I have a few other things which I had planned on releasing before this but I might move this up the list as there is a lot of interest.

Thanks for the emails from everyone, I'll let you guys know first when the release details have been finalised,

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey everyone, Here's a little teaser for calibration. The book cover was designed by Ian Dunford, man, this guy has a serious eye for style. Hit him up if you are looking for design work to be done.

Calibration will be fairly priced and should suit most budgets.
Best,
Séa
I love post its Smile
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
***, file is too big...
I love post its Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Here it is...

I've asked to be banned
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Looks cool!
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Thanks Iain Smile

You'll also notice the pupil gets bigger the longer you look at it!!!!
I love post its Smile
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey everyone, Just to let you know that calibration is available at the following address:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-bo......19521032

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a mail, pm or Facebook message,

Séa
I love post its Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL