The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Anyone got it?

(IAIN, you must have read the book... I'd be very interested in your thoughts on this!)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I read an earlier PDF I think, I don't have the physical book...
I've asked to be banned
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Should I see you reluctance in commenting on the actual effect/method as a sign that it didn't impress you?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No, but as its out now, and I ended up being involved with a certain element of it, wouldn't seem right to further comment...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Don't want to be accused of hyping because of that involvement if you see what I mean...
I've asked to be banned
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
504 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Hi Iain,

You have already hyped it man Smile
I mean by doing that fantabulous cover design. Its terrific.

If the content is anywhere up to the quality of the cover design, I'm in Smile

Seriously, that's an amazing cover design (for the third time in this post)
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Don't want to be accused of hyping because of that involvement if you see what I mean...

Are you ****ting me/us? You might be one of the most outspoken guys here on the Café, but you are one of the most honest from everything that I read. I highly doubt that you will be put into the "cheesy marketer" category by anybody who is sane enough to read through the stuff you post. I prefer the "Dr. House" Approach (being outspoken, using harsh language, but telling the truth) about some Dr. Fluffy who got his education at the Walt Disney academy and speaks only in high appraisal of everything, yet one doesn't know when he is telling the truth and when he is hiding the truth. You definitely fall into the Dr. House category.
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Leave Iain alone. He is an asset to the Magic Café. He is now pursuing his passion to create cover designs. If he gets 30 magic clients, and if he didn't like 1 or 2 of the works from a content standpoint, he may feel uncomfortable talking bad about clients that are paying him for his services. It's a business move. It makes sense. Put yourself in Iain's shoes---would you feel comfortable being in the position to review all of your client's works?

Iain, keep doing what you are doing. You are a great voice to the magic café. Please keep providing your voice when possible. But, when you don't feel comfortable sharing it, know that there are people who understand the position you are in that may prevent you from doing so. Thanks!

Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, RealityRocks wrote:
Quote:

Are you ****ting me/us? You might be one of the most outspoken guys here on the Café, but you are one of the most honest from everything that I read. I highly doubt that you will be put into the "cheesy marketer" category by anybody who is sane enough to read through the stuff you post. I prefer the "Dr. House" Approach (being outspoken, using harsh language, but telling the truth) about some Dr. Fluffy who got his education at the Walt Disney academy and speaks only in high appraisal of everything, yet one doesn't know when he is telling the truth and when he is hiding the truth. You definitely fall into the Dr. House category.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Just ordered this. Got a whopping 35% off with code NIGEL35. Act now--not sure when that code ends!

Looking forward to reading this!

Seth
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Hi Machina,

You write below, "name or word divination, pretty much any". But Seamagu earlier in this thread states, "I used it today and gave the spectator a completely free choice of word. Absolutely no restrictions. They wrote nothing down and after less than a minute I was revealing the word."

So, which one is it? Pretty much any word or ANY word? And, if there are restrictions, it'd be nice to have some specific information on what words would not work. Thanks!

Quote:
On Sep 16, 2016, Machina wrote:
OK so after talking Seamus's ear off and him mine, I think This is as good as it gets for now. And it is better than good, it's great!

Seamus has his way way of performing Calibration and me, mine. I've thrashed out every type of version I could think of as well as my buddy KJ Axell.

Name or word divination, pretty much any. The original and the current version both look like what one might imagine is the real thing. Not like an Xmen but more of really distilling a single thought. Once you crack the latest part ( it's pretty easy) you can do it multiple times for the same group. You can have serve it any way you like with impressions and readings, through thought reading.

There are no an@gr@#$%, tears or what have you. You can do it over the phone/ Skype etc. It will take some sharp thinking bout you will never regret it.

Let's not derail Seamus's freaking fantastic work: Calibration. Drop a pm Smile

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Maxyedid wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Machina wrote:
My walkaround performance has mostly only one prop and the rest is up to my suggestion skills.

Dear Mr. Machina, I'm interested in learning more about your work
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Look forward to your review!

Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, Seth speaks wrote:
Just ordered this. Got a whopping 35% off with code NIGEL35. Act now--not sure when that code ends!

Looking forward to reading this!

Seth
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
One question before I hit buy: is this stronger using pen and paper, or is it stronger without pen and paper? Thanks!
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Seamus, did you provide review copies to anyone? I just want to see if there is any activity we can expect on this thread prior to books being shipped. Thanks!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2287 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Go to the latest and greatest, there is my review there.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Which part of your long and totally confusing statement should I answer first? Since none of those parts makes any sense, neither the part where you totally misinterpret my statement, nor the part where you pretend to be my dad and give me advice without even trying to understand what I wanted to say.

And from which part of my statement did you infer, that I want Iain to stop commenting??? I was saying the exact opposite actually.

Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, magicowner wrote:
Leave Iain alone. He is an asset to the Magic Café. He is now pursuing his passion to create cover designs. If he gets 30 magic clients, and if he didn't like 1 or 2 of the works from a content standpoint, he may feel uncomfortable talking bad about clients that are paying him for his services. It's a business move. It makes sense. Put yourself in Iain's shoes---would you feel comfortable being in the position to review all of your client's works?

Iain, keep doing what you are doing. You are a great voice to the magic café. Please keep providing your voice when possible. But, when you don't feel comfortable sharing it, know that there are people who understand the position you are in that may prevent you from doing so. Thanks!

Quote:
Quote:

RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Which part of your long and totally confusing statement should I answer first? Since none of those parts makes any sense, neither the part where you totally misinterpret my statement, nor the part where you pretend to be my dad and give me advice without even trying to understand what I wanted to say.

And from which part of my statement did you infer, that I want Iain to stop commenting??? I was saying the exact opposite actually.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
I apologize if I misinterpreted your post. Sorry, bud. But I wasn't pretending to be your dad Smile

Quote:
On Oct 26, 2016, RealityRocks wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of magicowner
Hi Alex,

Your review is not in the latest and greatest. Can you double-check? If it's there, what's the thread's name?

Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:
Go to the latest and greatest, there is my review there.

Alex
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
796 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Quote:
Hi Machina,

You write below, "name or word divination, pretty much any". But Seamagu earlier in this thread states, "I used it today and gave the spectator a completely free choice of word. Absolutely no restrictions. They wrote nothing down and after less than a minute I was revealing the word."

So, which one is it? Pretty much any word or ANY word? And, if there are restrictions, it'd be nice to have some specific information on what words would not work. Thanks!

Quote:
On Sep 16, 2016, Machina wrote:
OK so after talking Seamus's ear off and him mine, I think This is as good as it gets for now. And it is better than good, it's great!

Seamus has his way way of performing Calibration and me, mine. I've thrashed out every type of version I could think of as well as my buddy KJ Axell.

Name or word divination, pretty much any. The original and the current version both look like what one might imagine is the real thing. Not like an Xmen but more of really distilling a single thought. Once you crack the latest part ( it's pretty easy) you can do it multiple times for the same group. You can have serve it any way you like with impressions and readings, through thought reading.

There are no an@gr@#$%, tears or what have you. You can do it over the phone/ Skype etc. It will take some sharp thinking bout you will never regret it.

Let's not derail Seamus's freaking fantastic work: Calibration. Drop a pm Smile

Quote:
On Sep 11, 2016, Maxyedid wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Machina wrote:
My walkaround performance has mostly only one prop and the rest is up to my suggestion skills.

Dear Mr. Machina, I'm interested in learning more about your work

Well, he said any, I said pretty much any.
I just use it for names as I find it more personal.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL