We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
For those who love the propless side but are too nervous to miss, Seamus has developed a solid piece which will allow a guaranteed start to your name guess. Without exposing the other methods ( I have read them all - I think), Calibration has a very particular start. This is surefire.
If this goes wrong it's your fault here. I know Fraser and Ross kick some serious b&%t with theirs, I am not there yet. I think Calibration is in between a CT and Ouija.

Star signs, names, anything. This method has been explored but in a very limited context. This is now in the space of something massive and fantastic.

My walkaround performance has mostly only one prop and the rest is up to my suggestion skills. As much as I have followed the propless work out there, I cannot afford to break the spell. Calibration will now move me into a guaranteed start where I can go forward.

Seamus is a clever, ahem, guy.

Coming soon...
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Thanks Machina, and yes, I'm a guy!!

This is a pretty exciting system that I know a lot of you will love. But don't be put off by the propless tag, it can be done as a proppy method too. In fact some of its most powerful applications use a few props. And by props I mean paper and pen.
This really has me excited.
More to follow,
Best,
Séa
I love post its Smile
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Sounds nice!

Is it beginner friendly? In the sense that it could be used as a confidence builder that is surefire and does not require erm superb verbal presentation skills that are mandatory for an effect that employs a pr*******ve/Br****ing an***am? Assuming this effect doesn't use one as the method.

Thanks!
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
It does not use a ***** that you mentioned. It will be sure fire in limited word contexts ( star sign and what what) and site for in your first letter, occasional second letter and last letter.

Corinda's opinion on the magic square applies.

This "is not for the magician who doesn't like rock n roll!" Corinda.

Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, B_man2012 wrote:
Sounds nice!

Is it beginner friendly? In the sense that it could be used as a confidence builder that is surefire and does not require erm superb verbal presentation skills that are mandatory for an effect that employs a pr*******ve/Br****ing an***am? Assuming this effect doesn't use one as the method.

Thanks!
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Machina wrote:
It does not use a ***** that you mentioned. It will be sure fire in limited word contexts ( star sign and what what) and site for in your first letter, occasional second letter and last letter.

Corinda's opinion on the magic square applies.

Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, B_man2012 wrote:
Sounds nice!

Thanks!

Thanks for the answers! I think Rock n roll approach is just what mentalism needs these days... Cheers!
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Sounds interesting... Is there a release date yet?
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
No date as yet Adrien, I'm not sure what format this will be released in yet,
Also, just to clarify, there are different versions of this, one of them can be used to divine any word, spectator has in their mind only!! Really!
Best,
Séa
I love post its Smile
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Hello, does it work in English only?
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
No, it works in any language straight out of the box!
I love post its Smile
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I'm looking forward to this! Riven is a great piece of mentalism. I've been using it and getting great reactions.
This sounds beyond intriguing.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hey Craig, thanks for the positive feedback on Riven. I use it all the time. It's great to hear you are having success with it Smile
You are going to really like this one Smile
I love post its Smile
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I'm sure I will.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
What's the advantage of Calibration over Ouija or Rose? This sounds very similar to both of them and I use both all the time. I am, however, always interested in new ideas with propless methods as I find the thinking behind them very interesting food for thought that can be used for other routines.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi magidoc, I don't have those other methods so I can't really answer your question. Sorry! If you have any specific questions though feel free to pm me,
Best,
Séa
I love post its Smile
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Seems super... Well... If you need testers or reviewers, think about me Smile

Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, seamagu wrote:
No date as yet Adrien, I'm not sure what format this will be released in yet,
Also, just to clarify, there are different versions of this, one of them can be used to divine any word, spectator has in their mind only!! Really!
Best,
Séa
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Magidoc wrote:
What's the advantage of Calibration over Ouija or Rose? This sounds very similar to both of them and I use both all the time. I am, however, always interested in new ideas with propless methods as I find the thinking behind them very interesting food for thought that can be used for other routines.

In Ouija your participant speaks and there is a v****l sleight. In Calibration you speak and know the exact letter.

Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
I'm looking forward to this release then, Thank you Machina.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Sea has quickly proved to be a creative powerhouse of solid, workable material. Mostly using nothing more than a standard post-it pad. I'm exited hear more about this in due course.
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
Watched the Atlas Brookings lecture last night. Heard him mention Seamus.

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Machina
After changing scripting to suit my own performance model and needs, I took this out to play. IT IS WILD! Being able to divine names and words with nothing written down is exhilarating. In my humble opinion, the mind is calculating on the spot and I would think that this will look like a mind reading process, which essentially it is.

Sure you can center tear or you can just do it for real.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism - Seamus Maguire (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL