The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Offering: Lunch for Two (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Received Sudo's download & it opens up so many ideas for presentations for other effects.
Thank you Sudo.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
This is very nice. Clever stuff again from Mr. Sudo.

Just like his last offering, very usable and very good.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, innercirclewannabe wrote:
This is very nice. Clever stuff again from Mr. Sudo.

Just like his last offering, very usable and very good.

True!!!
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
Thanks again to Sudo. What a good idea! This is a very clever take on a classic, and it's something that should set cognitive gears in motion.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

A simple idea with great applicability. A number of ideas have already been offered and, with a little thought on your part, many others are likely to come to mind. Thanks, Sudo, for sharing another slice of your creative talent.

Refards, Steve
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Hi,

Just wanted to say I have read through this its a great method for determining a 50/50 outcome, I personally think the O** to L***h is under used in mentalism and believe it can be utilised much more and this is one of those uses , something I have not seen before and so simple! Would be interested to see where others take this principle, I like the idea of a simple coin toss but I believe it could be used much better. I have not read Ian Rowlands 50/50 yet and don't know if the two could complement each other in any way.

Dean
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Glad you enjoyed it Dean.

Just for the record though, I wouldn't EVER use this for something so trivial as a coin toss. I suggested that if you also prepared the OTHER SIDE, you could use it within the context of something like Tequila as an afterthought, but not as a main feature. The beauty in using this with that effect is that it cancels out any prior theories the spectators may have of how I'm determining which hand the object is in......

One last thing. In the future, please refrain from naming principles outright since this is publicly searchable.
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it Dean.

Just for the record though, I wouldn't EVER use this for something so trivial as a coin toss. I suggested that if you also prepared the OTHER SIDE, you could use it within the context of something like Tequila as an afterthought, but not as a main feature. The beauty in using this with that effect is that it cancels out any prior theories the spectators may have of how I'm determining which hand the object is in......

One last thing. In the future, please refrain from naming principles outright since this is publicly searchable.

My apologises I thought I was reading this in Inner thoughts Can someone edit the post for me as it wont let me now, that fair point about using it stand alone, Heads or Tail seemed to make more sense to me than Left or Right, as its at little ambiguous, your left o my left, that's a different method entirely

Thanks

Dean
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Well I have both Eclipse and Lunch for Two

The application for Lunch for Two I have in my own notes, however Sudo takes the idea and fits it into an effect such as TH at the perfect time . Adding an additonal phase to an exisitng effect can often cause confusion or make the performance unduly long, Lunch for Two is not guilty of this.

Like others I am feeling guilty for not having to pay for these ebooks and have often paid for books which were far inferior to these .

Keep up the good work Sudo

Andy
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks Andy. Smile

I've been chatting with Mark Chandaue and he mentions that he also came up with the same concept as well. In fact, he even gave it the same name as I did! (The name does rather suggest itself naturally.)

My routine for Tequila has never been given a name. "Tequila With Lunch" it is!

Looks like I'm in good company regardless.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Yeah, exactly IAIN. Timely comment there. Smile

Please note: I don't respond to PM's that say "Send me the book." Some people actually write just that, believe it or not.

That's so shallow. Anyway, send me the book.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Don't worry - I'm sending you "the look." Smile

Check your PM's John. Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile John, I am looking forward meeting you at next mindvention Smile ... and then tell me a bit about the book...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Sudo I see you removed your Avatar photo. Maybe a Santa Claus one would be more appropriate Smile
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
How about this then. Do you think this one makes my ankles look big?
B_man2012
View Profile
New user
Republic of Croatia
100 Posts

Profile of B_man2012
Wow. Ever considered being an ankle model?
~ The Croatian Mentalist ~

>PM me if you need help with anything graphic design related!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
How about this then. Do you think this one makes my ankles look big?

Well we all need a hook.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Or a book. Smile
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Sudo Nimh,thanks for your kindness sharing.
I read the book and like the concept a lot.
A great application for OTL principle!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
You're most welcome sychou.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Offering: Lunch for Two (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL