The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Trilogy patter ideas (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnawolfe
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnawolfe
I'm looking for presentation angles for the trilogy card trick. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I'm brainstorming the idea of the theme of presenting the effect as an attempt at a mental triple play, trifecta, or the like, tying to heighten the effect as not just one successful mind link, but the ultimate hat trick of mentalist.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2524 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Can't tell if you're hinting about this, but one train of thought would be to get rid of the numbers. What would be more impactful to spectators? Names, places, emotions, psych forces, memories. There is a near endless string of possibilities. Look at your own performance and figure out what type of presentation would provide the best fit and move on from there.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Probably best asking in the card trick section
There is no holy grail!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3483 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
This is a slightly different effect, but it uses the same methodology and is even more mental than trilogy

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20388
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Gaffus Maximus
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Gaffus Maximus
Several years ago I created a routine using the same method that was eventually used for the Trilogy card deck that came out. Card Shark later published my routine in their ebook (available for free) from their web site. The name of the routine is titled "My Favorite Celebrity". Check it out... you might like it. Cheers! http://www.phoenixdeck.com/JumpingPage/DoubleDecker.cfm
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Suggestion: Firstly don't present it as a card trick! (If you are then the magician's section would be a better place to ask)
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
johnawolfe
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnawolfe
I agree it should be a mentalism presentation only. My theme idea is that there are three predictions/coincidences with the justification for the numbers being written on the back of he cards to be tied in with numerology.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Trilogy patter ideas (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL