The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Drunken Deck 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
Name: Drunken deck

Available from: http://www.jbtv.co.uk http://magicfact.com/ go to Hankie vision and click on drunken deck

Price: £22.60 (registered post) at JBMagic

Maker: JB Magic bought the rights off Chris Dugdale

Examinable: No

Difficulty: self working

Out of 10: 10/10

Effect A deck of blank cards are shown both back and front, the cards are given a cut and a card appears, another cut and a BLUE back appears. a third cut and an entire BLUE backed deck appears. The cards are held face down, give them a cut and a King of Clubs appears, another cut and a second KC appears, next the entire deck turns into a deck of only KC’s. If you think that sounds good check this out. The deck is turned over and now every back is RED. You now hold an entire deck of RED backed KC. Even the audience are starting to think they are drunk. Give the deck a shake and the RED backs are now all BLURRED. This really is unbelievable to see. One final cut and the deck is BLANK on both sides and reset. This effect comes with a professional DVD of Chris performing the effect live on the streets of New York, Las Vegas and London, The DVD is very well put together with the drunken deck 2 being fully explained. This is a ground breaking method that I have never seen used before in card magic, the clever new principle allows more changes than ever before. Does all this sound too good to be true, well there is one more thing I forgot to mention all of the above is self working, you can do this in 10 minutes. SENSATIONAL MAGIC Comes complete with deck and DVD

Comments Sorry about my previous post, just found the template. This is a great trick. An alternate handling which I think is better can be seen at Hank Lee's magic factory

http://magicfact.com/ go to Hankie vision and click on drunken deck
Click on drunken deck

People cannot believe that you are using only one deck when they see it as there are so many deck changes. It has an instant reset and is a perfect trick for walkaround.
Best wishes John
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
WOW!!! That does sound great. I'd buy it except that I do a lot of tricks at school and nobody will believe anything I can do unless they can examine the deck. (High schoolers). So all I use is a straight deck.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The one at magicfact is the original. The one at jbtv is the second version.

I like this one, but in the second version, can you show blurred backs from all parts of the deck? Or just from the bottom half? Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Just the bottom half.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mark mason now has Drunken Deck 2with a DVD.

The video looks quite good. If you don't mind working with a gimmick deck, this could be for you.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
I love weird changes in cards. I saw the demo of it in JBTV and I must say, this one looks very good - far more superior to it's predecessor 'Drunken Deck'.

Further more, the patter goes exceedingly well with the handling of the deck as well as the overall play of the trick.

I don't have it just yet, but I am keeping my eyeball on it.

Take care guys,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I had this and only used it a few times. Some good ideas but it is one of the most gaffed decks you will ever use. After showing it begs to be examined. It was too gaffed for my taste, but I wouldn't say it is a bad effect.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 01:58, tdowell wrote:
I had this and only used it a few times. Some good ideas but it is one of the most gaffed decks you will ever use. After showing it begs to be examined. It was too gaffed for my taste, but I wouldn't say it is a bad effect.

That's what would keep me away. ID seems the best way to go if you work with a gaff deck and do a good deck switch.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Drunken Deck 2 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL