We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents FALL by Banachek and Philip Ryan (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2016, Geoff Weber wrote:
That trailer had some very dramatic music for a pen falling.

The music isn't included. Smile
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
Actually, it would have been a good idea to include some music or other recording, as a timing help.
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I can't find these in stock anywhere.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1370 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I really like this and it seems reliable so far. Reset is simple and the trailer is honest. Cant really ask for more
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2016, elimagic wrote:
I can't find these in stock anywhere.

I ordered this from Penguin about three weeks ago, each week they push the shipping date another week further.
Maybe a problem with manufacturing?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I too am waiting for this from Penguin.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Seems they keep FALLING out of stock.

Man that was funny. Smile

Hahahaha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
This is very nice indeed!

A quick and convincing way of demonstrating you psychic powers, or confirming the suitability of a participant chosen to assist you in a bigger experiment.

I love the fact that the performer can easily and covertly set the time of the fall and that there is nothing to break, run-out or fail.

Well done Philip and Steve.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
I picked this up at 'LADS' day yesterday ( World Magic shop Convention ) and think it is very good and reliable . I had the original Bic version and this is the natural development , it moves in a very convincing way with a quick reset .
tjd
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1816 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Fall – Banachek and Philip Ryan

Product description : Have you ever wanted to make an object fall without touching it ? Well, this little bad boy will help you to achieve such effect ! This gimmicked Sharpie will allow you to let it on the side of a table, you can then take a few steps back and concentrate on it. The sharpie will begin to fall, without you near it. You really have control on the moment it will fall. Let's check whether this is good or not, especially at this low price.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $24.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic « partner » shop !

What you get : You get a small cardboard box with inside the link for the explanation video. The video is really short but it's well made and it's easy to understand how the gimmick works. It's concise, and to the point. Then you have the gimmick : it is disguised as a Sharpie pen. Unfortunately, the pen does not write, you can remove the cap but I don't think this is a problem. The gimmick works very well and as said on the advert, you really have the control on the timing. Overall, I really really like what I received, the packaging is very nice and the gimmick is well made. Can't be disappointed.

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0-Kr8NQ_ZM

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
- As I said, the pen can't write, since you can't remove the cap from it.
- You do have control on the timing but it's general, you can't set how many minutes and seconds you want to have before the pen fall.

THE PROS :
- It's very very easy to do, just place the pen on the side of your table and the pen will fall automatically, it's self working. You can completely focus on your presentation.
- When you place the pen on the table, you can decide whether it will fall after 20 seconds or 2 minutes. You can then completely contrate on the pen to give the illusion the pen will fall because of your psychic power !
- There is no contact between you and the pen. Such routine can be achieved thanks to invisible thread or loops but here, you can be in another room when the pen falls. I do think a good idea would be to first do this routine with loops and then use Fall to avoid people thinking you must be near the pen.
- It's amazingly cheap, for less than $25 you have an effect which works and has a really big impact on people.
- It is disguised in the most common marker amongs magicians, so you can easily switch it out to be able to hand it out.

Overall rating : This is something I will definitely use, it works well ! 4/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it's almost self working and you can fully concentrate on the presentation, 2/5 stars.

Similar products : There was something similar which existed before. But this version is a reworking of that, disguised in a Sharpie.

If you like my reviews, you can check my other ones on my website : http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I love the gimmick. For some bizarre reason, as a kid I wanted to move things with my mind (after seeing the Travolta movie Phenomenon). This allows me to do just that. The one knock I have is the download. Less than 12 minutes and no real routines taught. That can be a good thing as well though because it forces a bit of creativity on the part of the performer. All in all, it is a great product I would buy again.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1425 Posts

Profile of Jared
This was easily one of the best purchases of the year. The prop works as advertised and I like it much more than the previous Paper Mate style pens. I always carry a Sharpie when performing and so switching this on the offbeat is a piece of cake. While you can't set your clock by the tipping time, it's pretty darn close compared to the previous versions that I've experimented with in the past. And for what it's worth, NOBODY has asked to inspect the Sharpie after it falls.
Inkluzo
View Profile
New user
Poland
55 Posts

Profile of Inkluzo
Looks really amazing! On my list definitely!
Thanks for your opinions, guys Smile
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
70 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I like Fall a lot. I use it in conjunction with Energy Bill and the Psychokinetic Timber to really look convincing. When someone says "Hey, can you do that with my pen?" or something like that I have an answer which works for me. Maybe it will help someone else out there. I just explain, "You see, Harry Potter needs his wand. Without it he can't do magic. It can't be just ANY old wand. It has to be a particular wand. Merlin needs his staff, not just a branch from a tree. Others have a certain stone or crystal they touch that triggers the things they can do. No, I can't do it with everything. For some reason, the things I'm using here just resonate with me, I've practiced with them, and show them to you now. Unfortunately, what I can do doesn't translate to every object on earth. Etc, etc." By not making wild claims, or trying to appear all powerful, or attempting to squirm out of it with a lame excuse, I just defuse the situation. I've never had anyone pursue the matter after an innocuous explanation like that. It works for me.
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
As usual I'm late to the party , my FALL will come 2 weeks later , already had so many uses for it and will probably be carrying it around always , can't wait !
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
214 Posts

Profile of milesart
It fits perfect in my act where I already use a Sharpie.
chrisant_lou
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of chrisant_lou
How if I accidentaly remove the cap?
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2017, chrisant_lou wrote:
How if I accidentaly remove the cap?

This is by far the Best Version of this Illusion I've ever used. it works like a charm and
the reset is instantly. The Cap is Glued perfectly and there is no chance you accidently could
take it off.

If you want to have both, the regular and the special Sharpie in the same Pocket (for a switch), just put
a little dot of gel superglue on any spot of the special sharpie. with your fingers you now feel,which sharpie is the special one, when you start the effect.

A Big Thumbs UP for Fall by Banachek.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
tmcbls
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of tmcbls
Just another word of satisfaction! This product by Banachek and Philip Ryan is superb. I have never had a "mentalism" item before and I will tell you, this is very impressive.

Nicely done!
Ricardo_ltd
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_ltd
I bought this, I'm happy with it but I think they could be more informative about the workings of this gimmick in the video. They don't say a thing about how it is made and what kind of material is inside the pen to make it work. Even after buying the product, they leave you with no explanation on what it is made of. I owned an old pk pen back in the days and I even made one myself and I always worried about storing it in a stable temperature, dry place because very high or low temperatures could affect the material inside the pen that moves and makes ir work. They give absolutely no storing condition information and no advices on how to take care of the gimmick so I feel a little bit left in the dark regarding those facts. Besides that, good job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex Magic Presents FALL by Banachek and Philip Ryan (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL