The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Gene Anderson's torn message finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Hello all
I'm reading Gene Anderson's book Newspaper Magic and so far I love it!
But I can't seem to figure out the Torn Message Finale. He must have left out a step or something.
Can anyone help me with that one?

Thanks

www.eliascaress.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
First, what part is confusing? The explanation is vague. Maybe we can figure this out together. I do something similar. The folding is different, but the basic idea is the same. When you cut or tear the paper, it seems that you are tearing a message. This part will be hidden when you reveal the paper and the message is what is revealed.

Anderson explains how to set it up, then he goes through the entire routine of the newspaper act. At the end of it, he picks up the paper for the Torn Message Finale which is on the bottom of page 23. As far as I can tell, he picks up the paper already folded. The version that I have, you pick up a sheet of paper, fold it, then make the cuts. Finally, when you open it, you have your message.

I wrote this up for a book I am trying to sell to publishers. I can send you this one if you wish.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
I could't understand the gluing two pages together. I assumed it was to hide the pre-torn message so you can open it. but then where does the second page go when you open it up?

I would love a book! I'm really digging the newspaper tricks!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I could not understand how to glue the two double sheets making a large sheets either.

I will send you the link of just the Newspaper Finale I wrote and illustrated for my book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Gene Anderson's torn message finale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL