The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Offering: Positively No Negative (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1306 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Terrific version of this plot! Streamlined, perfected, and clearly a worker. The title is very appropriate for this. Smile I've always used my own very simple no-fail version, but I am going to start doing this instead--I think it will get even better reactions!

Thanks again, Sudo!! You're knocking them so far out of the park it is crazy..!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks Seth (and everybody else) for the kind words. Smile
There is a road - no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow; that path is for your steps alone.
BalloonThief
View Profile
New user
California
63 Posts

Profile of BalloonThief
I love this type of mentalism. So simple and yet so powerful. Thanks Sudo, you've really set my mind running.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
No problem my friend. have fun! Smile
There is a road - no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow; that path is for your steps alone.
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
542 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Sudo,
I read this as soon as I received it.
so simple & well thought out.
can't wait to use it.
Thank you very much.
charlie
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
789 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
A very nice variation, I will be using it from now on. Thank you for sharing it Smile
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Sudo
Your inbox is full currently. But I would love a copy.

Thanks so much.

A.J>
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Hi Sudo,

Your inbox seems to be full indeed!
If still possible, I would love to take a look at your variation on this plot..

Thanks a lot,

Daniel
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Hi Sudo,

Is it possible to avail a copy of this? I'd love to read it.

Best Regards,

Shaukat
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12102 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2016, Alexxander wrote:
I thought that David Parr's "Proof Positive" was the last word on this plot.

Thank you, Sudo! Smile

No! It wasn't.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I've got a LOT of versions of this type of effect...& this one stands tall with the best of them! The set-up can be done in a split second & it's 100% sure fire...you can't ask more than that from this little workhorse. Once again the free price tag is woefully underpriced. Sudo, start selling these gems!!

Nathan
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Inbox full...impossible to write....!?!?
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
820 Posts

Profile of lin
Thanks again, Sudo. I just finished reading the effect, and it's a fantastic take on the original. Your generosity is rivalled only by your creativity.
Giannim
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Hi Sudo,
no way to receive it?
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
Thanks for Sudo, for sending this.
The good news is : This is !@#$* brilliant, and probably has one of the best endings ever, for this plot.
The other news is, that there is an effect on the market, where the same ending/ploy is used ( which I don't want to reveal openly, as it could lead to exposure ). Great minds think alike.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi png. Yes, if it is the one I'm thinking of, then it isn't bad news - mine predates it by 8 years actually. Smile

This isn't the first time I've published this. It's just a new pdf!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I guess now would be a bad time to tell everyone that this isn't even the one I use most...

I have another version where the coin is not marked at all, nothing is written down. They flip the chosen coin and it lands exactly the same way as my prediction...nothing else is used!

I'm such a tease! Smile
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Sudo was kind enough to send me "Positively No Negative". With Max Mavens "Positive Negative" from his Videomind series, I was not particularly moved by the reveal. It didn't feel that magical to me. As you have read above, there have been many routines that dealt with this problem in various ways.
I much enjoy the thinking behind Sudo's presentation. His treatise is well written and spends a perfect amount of time on the language of the force. If learned as written and performed without hesitation, one would be on his way to learning equivoke on a grander scale (Think Berglas) Nicely done!
I will add that one of the most magical invisible coin routines ever was taught to me by Eugene Berger. There is no prediction. The thought of coin appears in the empty hand of the performer with no moves. Nothing suspicious, etc., the hand clearly shown empty. I believe it's in one of his books and has been taught in his classes.
The reason I mention it here is that Sudo's revelation would add even more to a beautiful moment in close up magic.
Good job Sudo!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1552 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks for the kind words Leondo!

The routine you are referring to that Burger does is Tomoyuki Takahashi's "Fading Coin". It is indeed, a wonderful piece of work.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
695 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Per usual, this routine of Sudo's is fantastic. Thank you Sudo!
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Offering: Positively No Negative (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL