The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pellikaan Has Landed (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I recently watched the trailer and liked it--but not for close up performances. I made my own version with an old "Phil" Deck and some Plasti-Dip spray, which is a cheap version of Science Friction you can get at your local hardware store. BTW, half or partial roughing has been around for at least 50 years.

As for the move PP uses--forget it! Just transfer one card from the bottom of the FD packet to the top and spread from the opposite end. Voila!

Now, start with a packet of apparently two four-of-a-kind: your gimmicked (say, Kings and Aces) packet with Kings showing along with 4 regular Aces. You also secretly have 4 regular Kings lying sideways in your R pocket. Show the Aces and Kings and ask which they would prefer. M's Choice the Aces to your pocket, but place them standing up, so you can easily remove either the 4 kings or 4 Aces with no fumbling.

Show the 4 Kings and ask which suit they prefer. Maneuver that suit to the bottom of the packet as you turn the Kings FD. Simply Pinky Pull-down the bottom card (King of the suit of their choice), show it as you drop it on top of the FD packet and spread the cards from the opposite ends showing the amazing transformation to 4 Aces. Remove the 4 Kings from your pocket.

"Wait a minute, that happened so quick, perhaps you'd like to see it again!"

Repeat once only.

I do it with 4 regular cards from a deck in use (say, BLUE backs). (After a close-up version of "Reset Reset," you might want to repeat the trick for the larger group!) The gimmicked packet is removed from an odd-backed deck for contrast (say, RED backs). Illogical, I know, but very effective!

There's also a way to do it with 4 odd backs in the gimmicked packet! (Each back can even be a different rainbow of colors.)

Hopefully, I've made this "worthless" and "dreadful" trick come alive for some of you.

Have fun!

DK
Stanley Brixx
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Stanley Brixx
Had same issues with the supplied extra. I found this extra in another magic shop. To be honest I ordered from many shops. Trial and error, but found the right extra that works. After weeks I mastered the et count. Its quite simple, but a matter of orientation and alignment of the cards. This fact is not told or talked over on the dvd. My experience is that regular cards work better than dd. If you want to master it too PM me. This is a wonderful packet piece!
Cheers,
Stanley
Stanley Brixx
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Stanley Brixx
Update: the extra I found smears too and gets on the faces from the backs after several performances. This residue looks the cards and makes the effect unable to be done. I contacted Peter Pellikaan and he told me to get Harry Robson rs. Today it arrived. What can I say? ssdd... And yes, the rs makes residue on the cards. Robson says: "Don´t be frightened of any residue of this rs, there isn´t any." NOT TRUE. It´s not working at all. Not the supplied extra from Transcendence, not Neo Conception rb, neither Harry Robson rs. Seems that Peter moved with his project from Alakazam Magic UK to Vanishing Inc Magic? But still this is not working. What he is he really using to make the packet tricks work??
Cheers,
Stanley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pellikaan Has Landed (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL