The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Witches Almanac Returns (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I have the same issue re the pictures.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I've been using WA for years now and love it.
I still use my original, but ordered a spare from Vic.
It's very well done, but needs to be broken in a bit imo.
The little card pocket is a nice subtly, and keeps the cards from being easily lost.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I was one of the contributors to the original text when it first came out many years ago. Enjoyed it much.
Schaff
View Profile
New user
Fargo, ND
75 Posts

Profile of Schaff
I’m with you on the upscaled pictures— actually, a text like that doesn’t require pics all and I’d like it better without any.

Also, not real big on plastering the name we all use here across the front... the hardbackers corrected that a bit tho.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I was looking through the Gemini Artifacts website for the millionth time, wishing I could afford everything on it, when I noticed something. The site’s listing for The Witches Almanac has its “real” name of the D***r***m. A little nervous a spectator might decide to Google the book’s title and stumble across it
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Oh dear, I just noticed that there are also a LOT of threads on this site that use the word as well; one of them even in the title for the thread
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
So what?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2018, afinemesh wrote:
So what?

I mean, isn’t that why people write Luna instead of the name of the asylum, or PHotO and whatnot for the Dopps books so we can pass it off as a real Artifacts rather than as a magic prop?
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I've performed the witches almanac 100's of times and everyone thinks it's either a real book or they don't care.

It's not the end of the world if someone doesn't buy your act.

Be cool and have fun. . .
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
We're entertainers, or at least that's how I present myself. Everyone who comes to see me knows that they're attending a spooky, fun entertainment.

We use realistic props for the same reason that a movie director uses period props and costumes: to enhance the experience and immerse the audience in the fiction. But they (hopefully) are entertained, enjoy a shiver and the occasional laugh, then go home. And if someone else has the same book ... well, the TARDIS isn't real either, but you can believe in it and enjoy it while you watch your TV.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Wait a second ManxBull, the TARDIS isn't real?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jarche
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
17 Posts

Profile of Jarche
Is the old black-cover version still available anywhere? While the new red cover look is snazzy, it looks less like something you'd pick up at a used book store, which is what I'm going for. Thanks.
Proud member of the GLOMM
JBD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of JBD
I am looking for a good crib for Witches Almanac. I know Gemini Artifacts did a postcard, although that has been out of stock for sometime!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, JBD wrote:
I am looking for a good crib for Witches Almanac. I know Gemini Artifacts did a postcard, although that has been out of stock for sometime!

PM-ed you
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Is it safe to assume that this is the "Special Edition" in the original video?
JBD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of JBD
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2020, GReed3649 wrote:
Is it safe to assume that this is the "Special Edition" in the original video?
WA in the video looks like the Gemini Artifacts version. The original Outlaw version does not have the page at the beginning with the pentacle symbol. Gemini has a hard back version called Dekranom, if still available.
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Does anyone know if these are discontinued at Gemini?

I thought I saw a newsletter a while back but now my memory betrays me... If the paper stock and image quality is different than Outlaw's I would love to pick up a copy were they ever to return to the site! Especially since my hardcover version doesn't have a pocket for the cards.
*I knew you were going to read this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Witches Almanac Returns (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL