We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ascanio's materials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1077 Posts

Profile of Nash
Hey fellas..

Does anyone know where I can find Ascanio's materials (be it books, lecture notes, or videos) in english?
I've done many searches on online dealers and yet to have any luck to come across this master's work.

please help
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

NashFung.com/virtual-magic-show
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
724 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
He has two booklets in English, About the Handling of Double Cards (1981) and The Psychology of Palming (1982). Jon Racherbaumer put out a book on the Ascanio spread in 1976.
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
643 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I think he has a video also from The Greater Magic Library with Juan Tamariz, but I maybe mistaken.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
"Ascanio's World Of Knives", by Jose De La Torre, which is about color chaning pocketknives. Can be a bit hard to get by. But do a re-search.
If pocketknives is your thing, this is the book for you.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Supposedly a lot of Ascanio's major material (meaning his "big books" lol) are in the final process of translation...If this is true, I cannot wait for it :-P
~joeKing
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1077 Posts

Profile of Nash
Oh JoeKing your news just made my day.
if that's the case, I am on the same boat wit'you.

I CAN"T WAIT.

thanks for the replie guys.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

NashFung.com/virtual-magic-show
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
I"m selling Ascanio's pamphlet on tricks using double cards (two cards held as one). It's hard to find ... translated by Giobbi.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
In addition to the booklets mentionned by RoatC, I have 4 more which are called Ascanio's Favorites # 1, 2, 3 and one on his All Backs routine. They are written by Raphael Benatar. Number 1 has two tricks; Aunt Henriette's Aces and The Trick I Would Show Dai Vernon. Number 2 has two tricks too; Sleightless Oil and Water and Aces With Love. Issue three is only one trick but what a trick, it is his Mentalism by Elimination which I saw him do at one of the Tannens Jubilee many years ago,

The effect is this: You show the Ace through 5 of spades for exemple, Spectator chose one mentally and you put a card back on the deck. Spect names his chosen card and you showed that his card is not among the ones you still have in your hands. The process is continued until the last card. It is difficult physically and mentally. Great trick though!

Yves
myoungbauer
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
91 Posts

Profile of myoungbauer
You can see johnny Thompsons's handling of this effect (Mentalism by Elimination)on his L&L tapes. Thompsons handling is also difficult, but performed correctly is very strong.
Yves, could you describe the plot of "The Trick I Would Show Dai Vernon"? Tamariz mentions it briefly in The Magic Way, and it's intrigued me ever since. it seems to be a handling of Daleys Last Trick, is that right?

thanks
Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ascanio's materials (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL