The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new. Very new. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi guys.

So the other day I was in "Latest and Greatest" and noticed there was a 'buzz' over Val Lewis' "AOK". Not being familiar with it, I thought "hey, why not?" So I took a walk with a few button clicks and moments later, I had the thing. My impression? Great thinking. Straight forward. Real nice and for a decent price. So why all the "tinkering" from everybody? I thought "I could do this without the required moves, right?" Two minutes later, I have this:

Same idea: spec's finish their drawings, then they collect them and mix them up and drop them face down on the stack.

Now pay attention to these details - they're important. Smile

1 - I NEVER touch the stack of cards after I give each spec. a card to write on. They are simply given a business card each, and I set the rest of the stack on the table after that without EVER touching it again. EVER.

2 - I NEVER touch the cards the specs. write on again after I give them each one. When I say NEVER, I mean NEVER. They write their drawings down, mix them up and drop them down. I NEVER, ever TOUCH them after I initially give them each one.

As soon as they've done that, I can IMMEDIATELY reveal each person's word, drawing, whatever. I can do that verbally or by writing it on a pad, it doesn't matter and the choice is entirely up to the performer.

Things to note:

No p!@ks

No forces

No Imps

Cards are ungaffed as are writing instruments

No mirrors or partners, dual reality, or pre-show.

Everything is completely out of my hands the moment the spec's receive a card each to write on. After that, neither their cards or the rest of cards are touched by me. EVER.

Reveal is immediate (if desired) and can be revealed in any fashion you choose

A beginner can even do this 5 mins after learning it, and it will fool even seasoned guys very badly. The public doesn't even stand a chance.

Every single detail I gave above is 100% true with absolutely zero smoke.

So the question is: if I decide to market this in a limited run, who'd be interested? Smile
Luke 21:25 - And there shall be signs in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3483 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah.....probably everybody!

Me first though...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Elite user
In Your Thots
451 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Hi Sudo,

Will owning AOK be a pre condition?
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
OK,OK ... How much for Something New, Very New ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
No. Owning AOK won't matter as it has nothing to do with AOK other than it gave me an idea. That's all.

They only thing they have in common is that people write stuff and you reveal stuff. That's it. Smile

Please note that if I do decide to let this go, it won't be free this time. Part of me wants to just keep it - I'm still heavily debating it. That's why I'm looking at interest levels.
Luke 21:25 - And there shall be signs in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Godzilla wrote:
OK,OK ... How much for Something New, Very New ?

Your first child, would be nice good sir. Just sign over here on the dotted line... Smile

(I like these little emoticon things or whatever they're called)
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I assume you already verified the handling is indeed 'new' (or even 'very new' although I doubt there's such thing semantically)? Smile

Then count me in.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:

Your first child, would be nice good sir. Just sign over here on the dotted line... Smile

I, can't do that ! His Mother, ate him after birth ...

Only Joking Folks !!!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Nicolino wrote:
I assume you already verified the handling is indeed 'new' (or even 'very new' although I doubt there's such thing semantically)? Smile

Then count me in.

The method is something new in the sense that it's never been used this way before. And yes, I've done a massive amount of looking into it. It's something I've been playing with for years trying to find that "twist' that nobody else has.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3483 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I'll say yes x 2. If the stuff you've shared for free is an indicator (and I'm sure it is) then this idea is probably golden. Release the data!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
My thoughts exactly! If the stuff I gave away (like Eclipse) was free, then that should be a good indication of how good this is! I've only shared it with one other, whose immediate response was OH. MY. GOSH!!! Smile

Very simple and direct.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3483 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sudo be like : I have an Acaan. It uses a new principle and it's basically self working. It's seriously as clean as - name a card, name a number, and the spectator counts down to the number. No memory work, no sleights, no stooges. Deck can be shuffled. Any deck can be used. Completely hands off.

Anybody interested? Smile
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hilarious...but not entirely off by too much! Smile

Now that I read the name of the topic - I have to laugh - "Very New." Giggles. It's late.
RoryHenderson
View Profile
New user
Bradford, West Yorkshire
75 Posts

Profile of RoryHenderson
I want. Give me now :-D
But honestly, I would be very, very interested!
RH
If a man does not keep pace with his companions
Perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer
Let him step to the music he hears
However measured or far away
-Henry David Thoreau
Mindipulator
View Profile
New user
Mexico
96 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
Already standing in line.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:

Now that I read the name of the topic - I have to laugh - "Very New." Giggles. It's late.

Next, topic name ... " And, Now For Something Completely Different "
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:

Next, topic name ... " And, Now For Something Completely Different "

Yeah. That's a good one G. It's late. I'll remember that title for the next item.... Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2862 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2016, Nicolino wrote:

Then count me in.

The method is something new in the sense that it's never been used this way before. And yes, I've done a massive amount of looking into it. It's something I've been playing with for years trying to find that "twist' that nobody else has.

Alright, you can send it over. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Waters.
I'll buy!
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
After recently seeing some of Sudo's other work I am most certainly in for this.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new. Very new. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (20 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL