The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new. Very new. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Is there a release date and price set for this yet? Thanks and keep up the good work (and the maintenance of that seeing-eye dog!) Smile
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
So, given the list of things the method is NOT, I'm forced to wonder if this is related to the idea of Real Telepathy by Patrick Froment.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I have to admit - I find this thread highly amusing. Smile

Between the comments left here and in PM's and emails, I have to say that this has nothing to do with anything even remotely close to what anybody is thinking or has suggested. Not even remotely close.

I can promise you this: the method will make you grin from ear to ear when you discover what it is. It is not in line with traditional thinking on the plot.

@ Your Thinking Cap: I haven't set a price yet for this or a release date.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
It's something you will have fun doing 'cause it's so sneaky it's unfair.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I. Am. In.

Nathan
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Sudo,
You know I'm a fan. And I'm in
Mark
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Ha ha 3 pages of responses in less than one day. I say you have some stalkers!
Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
Sign me up!
Giannim
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Giannim
Sudo,
I'm in!
I'd like to take also the other your works that I lost
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
I will gladly pay for ideas such as yours. Mentalism is all about ideas.
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
For sure. I would be happy to save some money on therapy from the guilt over getting your go to effects for free.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Wow, so, yes this is very cool! No, it's not the grail, but it's exactly the kind of stuff we love. A known principle adapted in a new way to do something that hasn't been done before. Good thinking, Sudo.

So, now that I've seen it I'm going to suggest that Sudo not release it Smile
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hi Guys.

WARNING: Long post.

I have decided that I will release this under the title "The Invisible Hand." But before I do, I would like to discuss a few points about what this IS, and what it ISN'T. I did share this with Last Laugh last night just to prove that my claims are 100% true. So let's get to it...

Unlike Val Lewis's presentation for AOK, this is not ideally suited to a casual performance in a coffee shop or for table-hopping etc. That's not to say that it can't be used in these environments - it can, but it isn't ideal. This is more of a fully-realized performance piece for a show. Here's what it looks like to the audience:

Some time in the beginning of the show...

The performer has a small stack of blank business cards. He hands out 3 of them to 3 different spectators and then sets the rest of the stack down, never to touch it again. The spectators each write a drawing or name etc; on their cards. When finished, one of the three spectators collects the others' cards, mixes them, and then drops them face-down on the stack on the table. Performer hands an envelope to one of the participants to hold. A second participant picks up the stack off of the table (which you still have not touched), gives the cards a cut (to center the drawings in the middle) and then drops the stack inside the envelope that the first participant is holding. The third participant checks to confirm that the drawings are indeed, in the envelope. The participant that is holding the envelope is then asked to seal the envelope, and place it at a designated spot across the room, where it is prominently on display throughout the entire show. The 3 spectators then take their seat.

At the end of the show, the performer draws attention to the envelope that has been sitting across the room for the entire performance and the fact that he has never come anywhere near it. He then asks each participant that wrote down their thought to concentrate on their drawing or word etc; and reveals each one, one at a time. The reveal can be drawn on a notepad or described verbally, at the discretion of the performer.

So that's it. I will be writing up other handlings and options etc. in the pdf, but this is the most ideal way to perform this. I don't have an actual release date for this yet, but it will be available as soon as the new website is up and running.

Thank you again for all the support and encouragement everybody has shown me.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Sounds good.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2016, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Unlike Val Lewis's presentation for AOK, this is not ideally suited to a casual performance in a coffee shop or for table-hopping etc. That's not to say that it can't be used in these environments - it can, but it isn't ideal. This is more of a fully-realized performance piece for a show. Here's what it looks like to the audience:

Thank you for those informations, that kind of disclaimer + description is useful Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2016, Nestor D wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for those informations, that kind of disclaimer + description is useful Smile

I have no delusions of getting rich off of this, and I believe in being forthright in ad-copy. I have nothing to hide. This effect works exactly as described. Smile

Either people like your work or they don't. But nobody likes being misled.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I think it's worth saying that the time delay isn't necessary, though it's probably the better presentation dramatically.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Nice, I will buy it - although I think exactly what is going on Smile (...when I was still a magician many full moons ago, I studied intensely the theme of "cards across" and her in specific Paul Rosini...). You have made enough gifts here in order to deserve a pay back... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Need some reviews.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2016, Nestor D wrote:
Quote:

Oh yes. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something new. Very new. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL