The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ellusionist Tiger Black Deck! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
rami7007
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rami7007
Has anyone heard of this or know when its coming out?! It looks so cool. They are Bicycle cards that are not blue or red; they are black!!! Plus the faces are reversed. Example: The spades and A on the ace of spades are white and the rest of the face of the card is black.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Hmm, you can already buy "reversed" cards, and it looks like they just put them on a tactical bike back.

Anyway, sounds pretty cool if they handle well.
Che
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Che
Where can you get "Reversed" cards? What stores? Or do you have a link I could see them at?
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
They are going to be available in mid-April exclusively through the Ellusionist web site.

They are exactly the same as normal bikes except for the reversed colours and the black backs. They do look pretty cool, here's a link: Click here
They will also come with an extra card with a blank face and duplicate. They retail for $6.99 but there will be bulk discounts.

Hope this helps.

big dan
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
shane079
View Profile
New user
ga
33 Posts

Profile of shane079
They look very cool. Will be order mine as soon as they are available. Thanks for the link.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
They look pretty cool. I will have to get a deck.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have seen reversed cards that had red spades and clubs and black hearts and diamonds, but never any that were "negatives" as these appear to be.

Also, I haven't seen the reverse color cards in Poker size. Anyone have any idea where they are available?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Are these printed on Bicycle stock or just plastic cards?

Posted: Mar 22, 2004 2:26pm
------------------------------------------
Sorry. I should have checked the site before. They are real Bicycles. They look cool, even the card case.
Yours,

Ivan
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
[quote]They are $6.99 for each deck. Bulk discounts are as follows:
Box (Pay for 5 get 1 free) : $34.95
Case (Pay for 9 get 3 free): $62.91
Best deal (Buy two cases get third free.) : $167.76

Hope this clears things up.

big dan
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
They look like one of the gimmicked cards in "Strangers Gallery." Very cool. I’m going to have to get some. Smile

James
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
The backs are not like the tactical cards like someone said. They are reversed as well.

Is the tiger really on the card case?

These look cool. I haven't been excited about something from Ellusionist since the KR. I hope these are as good as they actually sound.
Yours,

Ivan
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
If 1 case is $63, should 2 cases be $126, not $167?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
What would be the point in these?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Chris,

Imagine a color change where the card becomes a negative card. One could form an entire routine around this idea.

Also, having a different color back is useful for numerous routines where you already have shown red and blue backs. Daryl has a routine like this where he uses mirrored backs at the end after showing all blue and then all red backs. A third color for the back of cards can be very surprising. Scott Guinn has a routine on his DVD where these cards would be useful (with Green backed Bicycle cards and one other color back. He uses Randy Wakeman's Rainbow Deck.)

Imagine using these with the cards Bill Palmer referred to, where the suits had a reversed coloring scheme. You could change the suit color of the card, and then make the card a negative color scheme!

These are just a few ideas. Having different cards that are both similar and different than normal Bicycle cards allows new effects and both new and different routines.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
loowhochan
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
116 Posts

Profile of loowhochan
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 17:47, emyers99 wrote:
If 1 case is $63, should 2 cases be $126, not $167?

2 Cases at $6.99/deck = $167.76. $63 was the special for getting one case (that is paying for 9 at $6.99/deck and getting 3 decks free)
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 18:08, MagicChris wrote:

Didn't you read the ad? These cards, simply by existing, turn sleights into miracles!!!

Not skilled at magic? Wow your audience with just with the deck alone. You won't even have to take it out of the box.

After all only an Extreme Super Cool Magician would own a deck like this so therefor simply owning these makes you an Extreme Super Cool magician.

I'm ordering a gross today cause if one deck makes you good imagine how good I'll be with a hundred and forty four!
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
If you'd like a preview I imagine the backs look like the card that comes with Bannon's "Stranger's Gallery."

s
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
Looks crazy cool to me.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I'm sure the quality should be the same as the reguar bicycle decks since its custom made by the US playing card company...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 19:40, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 18:08, MagicChris wrote:

Didn't you read the ad? These cards, simply by existing, turn sleights into miracles!!!

Not skilled at magic? Wow your audience with just with the deck alone. You won't even have to take it out of the box.

After all only an Extreme Super Cool Magician would own a deck like this so therefor simply owning these makes you an Extreme Super Cool magician.

I'm ordering a gross today cause if one deck makes you good imagine how good I'll be with a hundred and forty four!

I read the ad. A super cool magi might have a deck that is personalized with his name, etc. The audience would not care about this deck.

Now, using one of the cards for a Chicago Opener routine, etc. That could be cool. But, only the magi would think so.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ellusionist Tiger Black Deck! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL