The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psience - Michael Weber (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
The first electronic copy of this has arrived.

The initial effect, The Triangle, is underwhelming. It reads to be an over worked and thought 'name and place' routine.

Others who have ordered this - am I being too hard on it? The routine reads like a throwaway filler article in a magic magazine.

Keen to hear how others like it. Hopefully it will improve.
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Ps - I'm referring to 'the works' released to psience subscribers.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
What about your box of stuff? It wasn't amazing?
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
In my humble Smile opinion, I believe you are being a bit too hard. Think more big picture -- where this is all headed -- enjoy the journey/enjoy the destination type stuff. This is a small part of a larger whole that will unfold over time. It is more about making us better performers than teaching some revolutionary new secret. Now having written that last sentence, the initial effect I believe offers some unique ideas that will improve anyone's current "name and place" routine.

Plus we get a box of "cool stuff!"

I would be happy to discuss in greater detail via PM.

All the best,

Mike
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2016, Michael J Redd wrote:
In my humble Smile opinion, I believe you are being a bit too hard. Think more big picture -- where this is all headed -- enjoy the journey/enjoy the destination type stuff. This is a small part of a larger whole that will unfold over time. It is more about making us better performers than teaching some revolutionary new secret. Now having written that last sentence, the initial effect I believe offers some unique ideas that will improve anyone's current "name and place" routine.

All the best,

Mike

Hi mike

Cool - life to chat to you.

But honestly I see this as a big step back in n&p. Discarding to a wallet makes no sense to me. But perhaps just me?
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Its Real Secrets all over again Smile
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
At the beginning of the writing, he mentions this is part of a three phase routine, so it will probably make more sense as the other two phases are revealed. As a stand alone piece, it leaves a few holes you have to fill on your own to make it a stronger piece.

I ran into Michael at the Session Convention, and he tipped this as part of a longer routine (it was a lobby conversation with a small group, not part of his lecture). If the upcoming phases are similar to what I remember, it wraps up nicely and both spectators get a nice reveal. (It might or might not involve a fortune cookie prediction for the other spectator Smile ).
magicowner
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
114 Posts

Profile of magicowner
I am looking forward to the next 2 phases!
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Yes hopefully the whole thing will be good when it comes together.

But - isn't it a bit lazy? Shouldn't they have a full routine every instalment? It feels like they've sold us three fly and are only showing us the first movement. I don't get it.

Also - the original cassidy name and place routine, which this is certainly based on/inspired by - is far better in comparison.

Wow, I sound like a real grump!
Aaron Smith
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith
I actually liked the first effect. Love the way its presented too. Received my box today and I'm very intrigued to find out how it all fits together.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2016, Michael J Redd wrote:

All the best,

Mike

If you're paying for the journey, it's nice to understand what you're paying for.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
533 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
I'm on board with The Works.

I thoroughly enjoyed learning the first offering and I'm eager to learn from every subsequent offering.

Aside from the smart effect within the first issue, I can honestly say that one simple note within the pages is being applied in all my performances since my initial reading.

The box contains diabolical secrets and I'm excited to see how they are applied.

This is an opportunity to learn from the true masters.

I'm excited an you should be too.

Christopher.
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
View, I have performed Cassidy's name place for years (since the VHS came out!) and I like this better for a few reasons:

I can stay on stage the whole time

No folding of the cards (why?)

I never touch the cards

No fire, burning or tearing up cards

The reveal is visual and audible

And now that we see how all the pieces tie together, nothing goes to waste.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Michael Weber is a fantastic mentalist. That's why I signed on. But without going into detail in a public forum, I am a bit underwhelmed at the moment (4 installments in hand).
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Michael Weber is undeniably a brilliant mentalist.

He's also friends with Ricky Jay, whose contempt for hobbyist magicians is legendary. Ricky simply shuns them.

Michael Weber sells to hobbyists, but I think to a certain degree he shares Ricky's feelings and, in my view, those feelings are manifested in his commercial dealings with the hobbyists.
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Tim, how so?

Was he rude to you or did he sell you something that was not a good trick?
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Yes, after all this time, I continue to be disappointed.

Not professional grade material at all.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I really do hope this isn't a case of a professional manifesting his contempt for us mere mortals by selling us crap. That seems unnecessarily cruel. I am a bit underwhelmed as most seem to be but I fully admit I haven't tried anything live yet.
I do find the format to be off putting as well. The structure of the instructions jumps around a bit too much for my tastes.
The package itself is very intriguing I think.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
No updates since last installment? Is this dead now?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
We were promised one installment a month, for twelve months, as I remember. I have received nothing since January 4th. This is no way to treat customers who spent $350 on this product. Quite disappointed at the moment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psience - Michael Weber (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL