We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Home is where the heart is (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
Are you talking about traffic or the legalities of driving a school bus without actually being affilitated with a school? I know that's against the law in Rhode Island.

Would it be all right if I painted the school bus so it no longer LOOKED like a yellow school bus.

I meant the city streets. I had visions of trying to move a bus around Beacon Hill in Boston. My high school, being the ritzy snob types they were, decided to have the prom in downtown Boston. I vividly remember the poor bus driver trying to get a giant coach bus through to the hotel, down one way streets, etc. Utter insanity. Old cities aren't designed for buses. I actually covered my face when we got off, as a crowd had stopped to watch.

As far as painting the bus, I think you'd have to. Though in of itself that could be rather fun. I'm not sure if I'd want to go with trippy hippy, or giant 70's air brushed van art.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Ahhh Dick,
I was really hoping you would hop in here!
(i'm 'surreptitiously' tickling your whole book(!),
out of you!
,...bean by bean! 😊)
You've probably slept in more pot-holes,
then all of us together!!

"a fifth wheel",..
I admit, I had the look that one up!

Gas prices,..
gas prices,..
don't throw cold water in the warm bed,...
uhhhh.

Ed,..that camper looks great.
Make SURE, you get one,
...the second time around!

MVoss. You'd be surprised what YOU can do,
with the "lack of mechanical knowledge". 🙃
Track down a book, from the library system,
"Rolling Homes".
,it'll really inspire you.
It kicked me in the pants,
'till I finally tried(!).
Start small,....
you'll be surprised,..
you'll be surprised!
gallagher
Zauberman
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Inspiration?

All you need is $9000 & some elbow grease.

https://www.facebook.com/brightside/videos/1026517857476957/

MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Aww Gallagher, what are you doing to me? lol. This is how it starts. I started magic with a single book. I love the rolling homes though, I was planning a visit to the library, I'll add it to my pull list, thanks.

Zaub, ***, that looks like a hipster apple store, I wish I lived in something half as nice lol.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2016, MVoss wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2016, ed rhodes wrote:
Are you talking about traffic or the legalities of driving a school bus without actually being affilitated with a school? I know that's against the law in Rhode Island.

Would it be all right if I painted the school bus so it no longer LOOKED like a yellow school bus.

I meant the city streets. I had visions of trying to move a bus around Beacon Hill in Boston. My high school, being the ritzy snob types they were, decided to have the prom in downtown Boston. I vividly remember the poor bus driver trying to get a giant coach bus through to the hotel, down one way streets, etc. Utter insanity. Old cities aren't designed for buses. I actually covered my face when we got off, as a crowd had stopped to watch.

As far as painting the bus, I think you'd have to. Though in of itself that could be rather fun. I'm not sure if I'd want to go with trippy hippy, or giant 70's air brushed van art.

Neither, cream and brown, kinda steampunky.

I remember riding on a city bus which hit an intersection with two cars coming his way. He tried to get around just as a truck came in the other direction! He actually managed to get the huge bus around these people without causing an accident. I wrote RIPTA to mention that this guy needed a pat on the back.

Seriously, "short" bus all the way for me if I were to have one to customize. Victorian steampunk on the inside as well. I'd hire someone to do it because I know I'd screw it up!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
You should try getting a 53 footer around Brooklyn
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1109 Posts

Profile of gallagher
"You should try getting a 53 footer around Brooklyn."

My God!
...,just the thought of tying all those shoes!!

Still, I find it comforting,
that there are good peoples out there,...
taking care of dis-abled centapedes.
If I'd known this:
I probably would have voted differently,
yesterday,..
for the Nobel Peace Price.

K_S_E,..
you'll always have a special place,
in the hearts and minds,
of us,
...here at the Café.
,,...those of us,
who have
one, or the other..... (🙃)

in tears,
gallagher
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Thank you Gallagher, I truly appreciate your kind words
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I shudder at the thought of having to sneak my pick up truck and 22 foot "fifth wheel" trailer around some of those cities!

Of course, a "black iced" highway in the Rocky Mountains wasn't easy either. I remember a jump between Helena, Montana, and Deer Lodge Montana (over a mountain pass), that I survived! It was a "white knuckle" drive, but, I made it all in one piece!

Neil Foster and I were jackpotting about "the road", and, agreed that the easy part was doing the show. The hard part was often getting there to do it!

I can readily imagine friend Gallagher's "challenges" crossing boundaries between countries!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

In the spirit of being a trucker and having to one up every story I hear with my own, I present the following. The worst experience I had was on Donner Pass, kinda fitting. We had just headed up the mountain and it began to snow, then a blizzard began and we could only see a few feet ahead going 15 mph on I 80. I eventually had to stop because chains where required and put on six tire chains for a tractor and trailer. Then continue on for miles in the blinding snow only to finally get through. Tired and weary. Then take the blasted chains off. It turned out ok though cause we didn't eat the dogs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Home is where the heart is (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL