The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Out with five help- fourth coin in- no lap. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Looking for a way of disappearing the last coin going into the box without the lap. I do it standing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Frank
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
There are several complete vanishes in Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Or else a simple "Spider Vanish" can be quite effective here.

Mike
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
You could finger palm the fourth, reveal the coins in the box, and to show your hands empty, show left hand first, under that cover, switch the half in right finger palm to pinch, show the hand empty, and switch the coin into classic as you turn your hand back around and start to collect your props. That's usually how I handle an extra that I can't ditch some other way when I'm standing.

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
Breast pocket is your best friend.
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
Why don't you use Roth's Out w/ Four then you won't have to get rid of an extra coin.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
These are the basic problems you need to solve when starting to do routines with more than one coin. There are so many ways to vanish an extra coin it seems silly to list them.

If you have the Roth book, Expert Coin Magic you will already be aware of a move from the portable hole routine that looks as if you are picking up a coin but...

Some people keep their coin box in a small drawstring bag.

Combining the two... you could just lose the extra under the bag and clean up later as you put the box away.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Watch several videos of yourself and perhaps your own natural motions will tell you the best method of those listed above. Or you may come up with one of your own.

You might also think take rather than put,(disappear).

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
I guess I should have said that I needed the coin ditched completely so my hand is empty and I can continue the routine. The breast pocket is what I went to, but I often don't wear a shirt with breast pocket. As to out with four, I like it, but out with five is cleaner and has a better climax. I wouldn't mind some kind of mechanical method of vanishing this coin. I love mixing just a touch of gaff or gimmick in with sleights. In coins I only know sleights, I'm not familiar with raven and such. Would something like that work? Thanks for all the help- Frank
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
For standup wearing a jacket, the easiest, cleanest thing is probably to use a topit. It is a simple matter to toss one coin into it.
Click to visit:
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Where is the best place to get a topit? Is there a best one? What is the best source to learn to us one? Do they have to be made? Again thanks for the help.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Type "Topit" in the Café Search Engine you will get a bunch of info on it.

For a quick answer, click the following:

This is probably the best way to learn it.

This is probably one of the best ways to get it installed professionally, or to get a high quality pin in version. Check out her products section.

If you have the ability to cut fabric and sew very well, than it is much cheaper to do it yourself.
Click to visit:
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
You might be able to vanish a coin with a Mikami match box.It comes in a set of three. Its works like a rattle box. I am not sure where you might find one.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I agree completely with Dan...topit or sleeving. I use both. When used together results are devastating.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
After a bit of thought... a hoo coin or a pull seem pretty good. Those last - challenge type vanishes in routines can be real killers and NEED to be convincing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Consider ditching it into the spectator's pocket. That will create a small miracle later. A Hoo Coin can be a very effective way of ditching the coin including on the clothing of the spectator for later retrieval.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I try so hard to stay abreast of the lingo.... why has "hoo coin" left me in the dust?!?

Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Wildstone,
I sent you a PM about the hoo coin.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
HOO HOO ??
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
"a hoo coin or a pull seem pretty good?"

Sounds good but what is a hoo coin? And what pull or reel do you recommend? Again, I've never used any of this stuff, just sleights- Thanks for the help.

For those that know this routine, what sleeving method would you recommend I look at in Bobo's. Or is there a better referance?

Also a hoo coin is no good because it's a coin box routine.

Thanks
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm not sure there is a better sleeving reference than MCM. Try looking over the "DR. E. M. ROBERTS' METHOD" on page 107 of the original text. That's always a fun one.

Mike

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Out with five help- fourth coin in- no lap. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL